Android 4.2.2 based CyanogenMod 10.1 launcher (Trebuchet.apk) now ported to the CM10 devices. In order to install this app, you have the root permission with a root browser or a custom recovery. Because of it’s a system app. Though it can’t install just like ordinary applications.
Developer of this mod doesn’t make a flashable zip file. I have added a Trebuchet.apk into a zip and link to this post, you can use it to easily install this Android 4.2 app launcher on your phone.
This is the first release, so there can be bugs such as launcher crashes. Now there’s not much bugs. Therefore before installing this application, backup your existing launcher. You can follow this post contain backup tutorials.
Moreover this system app work only with the Android 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 based CyanogenMod 10 ROM versions. This port done by the XDA forum krazzyvishal.
- Applying this method at your own risk. If your device doesn’t work I can’t claim its damages.
- But this is not a risky operation. If this CM10.1 launcher not working with your device. You can simply fix this issue by restoring previous application launcher.
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Trebuchet.apk for CM10 in here or in here.
- Sample flashable zip file in here. (This is an empty file, needs to push above apk)
How to install Trebuchet.apk on Android 4.1.2 ROM.
As I mention earlier this installation can be done via root enable the file browser or custom recovery. Recovery based method easier, so I first added it.
Install using recovery.
- Download apk file and zip file to the desktop.
- Extract flashable zip file using WinZip, WinRAR, and 7zip etc file compression tool.
- Copy the downloaded apk file into the extracted zip file “system/app” folder.
- Again make a new zip file using that extracted folder. In this situation, you can give any desire name for that file.
- Copy zip file into the SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery.
- When the recovery mode enabled go to “install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the copied Trebuchet.apk flashable zip file.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
Install using the root browser.
- Install root browser lite from Google play store in here.
- Once it’s installed, go to the “Download” folder and copy the Trebuchet. apk file.
- Go to the “/system/app” folder and paste the copied apk file.
- After it copied, tap and hold the “Trebuchet.apk”. Next context menu taps “Permission”.
- Tick all the options under “Read”, next tick “Write “Owner” option. All other options should un-tick. Just like following screenshot.
- Now reboot the phone.
- How To Download & Install Android 4.2 Keyboard ICS Android 4.0 & 4.1 [Gesture Typing – Jelly Bean]
- Install Android 4.2 camera, gallery APK apps ICS and Jellybean ROM.
- How To Backup And Restore Samsung Android Devices EFS ‘/efs’ Folder [Backup IMEI, NV Data].
- Install Nexus 4 E960 AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM [Tutorial].
- How To Unlock, Relock Nexus 4 E960 Bootloader Easily [Windows Computer].