Most of the Sony Xperia 2012 device owners received good news; however it’s not good news for some of them. Yesterday (12/17/2012) Sony mobile official blog announced the android 4.1 jelly bean update receive handsets list.
This list includes most of the Sony’s latest phones. The new update will be release next year February. First Sony Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V rollout the new jelly bean firmware update at 2012 February and March.
End of the march Sony Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go device will be receiving the android 4.1 update. After that Sony Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S will receive.
According to that blog post they mentioned Sony Xperia U, Xperia Miro, Xperia tipo, and Xperia sola device will not receive the android 4.1 jelly bean updates. Those devices will remain on the android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.
However they are mentioned this update only a planned, sometime they may change their idea, just like they canceled the Xperia Play ICS update.
According to our previous experiences network unlocked device will receive the update verify first after that locked devices (not the bootloader). Also rollout will depend on your region.
You can’t wait until you receive official android 4.1 or 4.2 update notification or your device not rollout updates, you can try the custom ROM for your device in here.
- Fix custom ROM installation ” Status 7 “,”error, assert failed: getprop (‘ro.product.dervice’) ,”Installation aborted” recovery error easily.
- Install ClockworkMod touch recovery 126.96.36.199 Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001.
- Install ClockworkMod ( CWM ) recovery Sony Xperia P LT22 ICS locked Bootloader.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android ROM Sony Xperia T LT30 [ Jelly Bean ].
- How to root Samsung Galaxy S 3 (S III ) Mini I8190 Android 4.1.1 without increase flash counter.