How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware on Sony Live With Walkman? Now you can install it with the latest CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM. This is an aftermarket android distribution for various android devices. It gives pure android experience and it doesn’t include any bloatware. CM10.1 can install LWW WT19i and LWW WT19a devices.
Sony mobile mentioned that they will not release new jelly bean updates for the 2011 series Xperia devices, so this is a good opportunity for WT19 user.
In order to follow this android 4.2.2 CM10.1 installation, you have to unlock your phone’s bootloader. After that we install a rooted and CWM-based recovery installed kernel. If you’re on a stock ROM, and don’t have a custom recovery, you don’t need to install a recovery for install this ROM.
Rooting, installing custom kernel, ROM void the warranty. If your phone brick or damage by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk. Before starting the installation please read the not working list in here.
- Backup and sync internal memory. This method wipes user data. [ Guide in here ]
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Unlock the bootloader. [ Guide in here ].
How to install android 4.2.2 CM10.1 jelly bean ROM on Sony Live With Walkman WT19.
- Unzip the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain boot.img file. Copy it to the fastboot folder.
- Copy the downloaded WT19 CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and Gapps zip files to your SD card.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and power off.
- Wait for a few seconds (It’s enough 5 seconds).
- Press and hold the volume up key and at the same time connect your live Walkman to the PC via USB cable.
- Now you can see the top LED turn to blue color. If the driver installation starts, wait until it’s complete.
- Make sure that Sony PC companion or any other application doesn’t run in the background (check the notification area).
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here”. If you are on the XP use this method for command Window navigation.
- Type or copy paste following command line and press the enter key on your keyboard.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now you can see the kernel installation, it takes just a few seconds. When it shows “finished”, type following command line to reboot your phone.
- Now your phone will be rebooted.
- When you see the first boot logo and top LED turn to blue color, press and release volume down key few times. (In this step, if you press any key, except the camera button you can boot into the recovery).
- First we need to backup our existing ROM. So, navigate to “backup and restore>backup”. It will take a couple of minutes. When it’s completed go back to the main menu.
- Now wipe user data, cache partition and dalvik-cache.
- Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes wipe data”.
- Then navigate to “Wipe cache partition>Yes wipe cache partition”.
- Next go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes wipe cache”.
- Now we can start the CM10.1 ROM installation on your Live with Walkman (WT19i or WT19a).
- Go to “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded ROM zip file.
- To start the installation choose “Yes – Install xxx.zip”.
- When it completed, select the Gapps zip file and install it.
- Then install camera fix file.
- Once all the zip files installation completed, go the CWM based recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Normally the first boot takes a few minutes, it’s a normal.
- When phone boot up, you can see the setup menu and log-in to the Google account and download new apps from the Play store. (Not recommend to restore apps+data on your old backup).
How to update Sony Live With Walkman to the new version Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 on.
Every developer periodically releases the bug fix versions. Specially when I’m writing this post, this ROM under the development. So when you are updating it to the latest version, you don’t need to perform “Wipe data/factory reset” step. But you have to “wipe cache partition and “Wipe dalvik-cache partition” steps.
Moreover you have to install the Gapps zip file again (no need to download, just use old downloaded zip file). If you skip the Gapps installation, when you boot your phone, your Google account data will be deleted.
[Via : XDA forum]
- How to install Android 4.1.2 PACman ROM Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery 126.96.36.199 ( CWM ) Sony Xperia T , TL.
- Root Sony Xperia Sola MT27 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware one click without unlock bootloader.
- Install Sony Xperia Arc/ Arc S Android 4.2 Jelly Bean CM 10.1 [ CyanogenMod 10.1 LT15i, LT18i].
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean clock app for ICS, GB [ Android 2.3 And Higher ].