Installing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean PAC Man ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3 ( S III ) SCH-I535 easier. This is a hybrid ROM and it’s based on the latest Android 4.1.2 AOSP jelly bean based Paranoid, AOKP and CyanogenMod 10. It includes all of these aftermarket firmware features.
If you can’t decide which ROM is the best or you can’t decide which one should use, this is the best ROM for your Verizon Galaxy S3. This ROM developed by the XDA forum “klin1344” member.
PACMan custom ROM doesn’t include Google apps as well as Samsung and Verizon apps. Moreover it’s not included ParanoidPreferences.apk, (need the Paranoid Android ROM), after the ROM installation completed we have to install them separately.
Android 4.1.2 PAC Man Verizon Galaxy S3 installation wipes all the user data. Therefore before following this tutorial, backup all the data on your phone. In addition to that it’s better follow this tutorial contain nAndroid backup. In case if you feel your previous ROM better than this PAC Man, you can restore the previous ROM using that nAndroid.
- Rooting, installing custom ROM void the warranty (manufacture and career).
- This tutorial only for the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. Applying it to another device cause unexpected outcome.
- If your Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 damage or brick by following this PAC man ROM installation guide, I can’t claim its damages.
- PAC man ROM for Galaxy S3 in here. [ Download latest zip file ].
- Google apps in here.
- Paranoid Preferences.apk in here.
Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean PAC-Man ROM For Verizon Galaxy S 3 ( S III ) SCH-I535.
- Copy the downloaded ROM, Gapps zip files and ParanoidPreferences.apk file to the phone’s SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery mode. To do that unplug the device and power off the phone, now press and hold the “Volume Up, Home and Power” buttons for a few seconds.
- When the recovery mode enabled, go to “backup and restore>backup”. When it’s completed go back to the main menu.
- Go to “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data” (need if you’re coming from another ROM).
- Then “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Finally go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik-cache”.
- Now we can start the PACman ROM and other zip files installation.
- Go to “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the downloaded ROM”. To begin the ROM installation select “Yes – Install”.
- When it’s completed again select the latest jelly bean Google apps zip file.
- Now almost all the things are completed.
- If you’re interesting again wipe the “Cache partition and Dalvik-caches”.
- Now go to the main menu and select “reboot system now”. Normally first booting takes a few minutes it’s normal.
[via: XDA forum]
- One Click Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Without ODIN.
- Root ASUS Transformer TF300T ICS And 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware.
- Install Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001.
- Install Clockworkmod ( CWM ) Recovery Sony Xperia P LT22 ICS Locked Bootloader.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android ROM Sony Xperia T LT30 [ Jelly Bean ].