How to root and install official ClockworkMod touch recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 easier? This method we use don’t use the PC ODIN application. Just a simple adb command line, we can install CWM and get the root access. Using this method you can install touch enables and non-touch version.
There are many reasons for install a custom recovery. Install a custom ROM, flash a zip file are major uses.
This method first we install the CWM recovery, after that we flash the SuperUser and SU binary zip file.
- This method will void the warranty. If your phone brick or damage by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This installation guide only for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. If you apply it to another Galaxy S III device, your device can be brick.
- ClockworkMod recovery in here. (search “Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)” and download it touch enabled or non touch version)
- fastboot+adb file in here.
- SuperUser and SU binary zip file in here.
How to Install ClockworkMod touch recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
- Rename the file downloaded recovery file as “recovery” without quotes. Don’t change it file extension (.img).
- Copy downloaded “CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip” file into the SD card.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer options).
- Extract the downloaded “fastboot+adb” file into the desktop.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Copy that renamed file into your Galaxy S3 SD card. Don’t copy it into a separate folder.
- Open the fastboot+adb folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- On the Windows context menu click “Open command window here” option.
- Type following command line to flash the CWM recovery.
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
- Congratulation, you just flash the latest official CWM recovery on your T-mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
- Now power off your phone.
- Boot into the recovery mode by press and holding “Volume up, Home and power” buttons together for a few seconds.
- Now you’re in the official CWM recovery.
- Go to “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded “CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip” file.
- Select “Yes – Install“.
- Now you just rooted and installed SuperUser.apk and SU binary.
- Once phone boot up, go to the play store and install “Busybox“, moreover check if there’s a new SU binary using superuser.
- Install CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM Asus transformer TF300T Android 1.2 Jelly bean.
- Google Nexus 10, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 HSPA+ officially announced with price.
- Google’s Next Nexus 10 tablet on a video.
- Install Official CWM Recovery Asus Transformer TF300T [ v22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 ].
- Root ASUS Transformer TF300T ICS and 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.