ClockworkMod recovery can install Sony Xperia S LT26i which running android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich (ICS) firmware. In order to install the this CWM recovery on your device, you have to root Xperia S. But unlocking bootloader not a requirement for this installation.
After you installed the custom recovery on your handsets, you can install flashable zip files, ROM, factory reset the device and many more customizations. This installation need to install ADB driver on your computer and this installation need a Windows computer.
Installing a custom ROM void the warranty. If your Sony Xperia S LT26i bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
How to install ClockworkMod recovery Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Extract downloaded zip file to the desktop.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable. If you have already connected Xperia S, now disconnect it from the PC and reconnect.
- Open extracted folder and double click on the “install.bat” file.
- Now Windows command prompt window will open.
- You can see the installation progress in the CMD window.
- When it displays “Finished” press any key.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and reboot.
- Congratulation, you just flash the CWM recovery on your Xperia S LT26i.
- To boot into the recovery, when you see the “Sony” boot-logo tap the screen several times (more than 3).