Manually updating Sony Xperia Ion LT28h , LT28i and LT28at handsets to the latest Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich firmware can easier with flashtool. Which mean this method work on international, AT&T and Rogers versions. Its a computer application and can install Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. This update doesn’t necessary root or unlock the bootloader. This method work with Xperia Ion HSPA and LTE versions.
Installing Android 4.0.4 and downgrading to the Android 2.3 GB use same method. I’m not sure this method voids the warranty or not.
Installing firmware using flashtool may void the warranty. I have no clear idea about it. If your Xperia Ion bricked or damage by following this how to guide, I can’t claim its damages.
- Charge the Xperia Ion battery minimum 60%.
- Backup and sync internal memory including contacts, SMS, etc.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Applications>Development).
- Android 4.0.4 official firmware using one of the following link.
- LT28h device user “ICS 6.1.E.1.20” or mirror here. or “ICS 6.1.E.0.233” or mirror here (International generic version).
- LT28i device user “ICS 6.1.E.2.29” or “ICS 6.1.E.1.19” or “mirror here“. (International generic version).
- LT28at AT&T network user “ICS 6.1.C.1.105” or mirror here“.
- LT28i Rogers network user “ICS 6.1.E.1.19“
- Flashtool in here. (Use jDownloader, manager for hassle free download. After you install it go to “Link grabber” option and paste the download page link.)
thanks to the xda “Spectre51” for link collection.
How To Install Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware Updates LT28h , LT28i , LT28at.
- Install flashtool application in your computer.
- If the downloaded firmware file compressed, extract until you receive the “.ftf” file.
- Copy that file into the flashtool installed folder “firmware” folder.
- Power off the Sony Xperia Ion LT28h , LT28i , LT28at.
- Run the flashtool as an administrator.
- Click the top menu bar “Thunder” icon. Like following screenshot.
- In the mode selector make sure that “Flash mode” selected. Click “OK” button.
- Now you can see “Firmware selection Window” select the Sony Xperia Ion ICS firmware by click on it.
- Make sure that the right side “Wipe user data” option tick, leave the other options as its.
- To start the installation click “OK” button.
- Now press and hold the “Volume Down” key and simultaneously connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Most of the time, now you can see a popup window appear and mention “Disconnect phone from the PC…” ignore that message and wait for a few seconds.
- Now you can see the new firmware installation progress in the flashtool main window. When it display “finished” disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- First boot take a few minutes, its normal.
- How to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP ROM Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Install Sony Xperia P L22i Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.b.0.544 firmware.
- How to root Asus Google Nexus 7 tablet via CWM recovery easily.
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) touch recovery Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Install CyanogenMod 10 ( CM10 ) Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.