After you installed CWM recovery and unlocked the bootloader, you can flash custom ROM, flashable zip files.
Unlocking bootloader, install custom recovery voids the warranty. This isn’t a dangerous method, but if anything goes wrong, your Nexus7 can be bricked or malfunction. So apply this method carefully.
How to install ClockworkMod (CWM) v22.214.171.124 recovery [Touch and non-touch].
- Connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the extracted fastboot+adb folder.
- Rename the downloaded CWM as “recovery.img” without quotes and copy it to fastboot+adb folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here“.
- Now type/copy paste following command line in the CMD window and hit the enter key.
- Now you can see your device serial number.
- Next type/copy paste following command line and hit the enter key.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then your phone will be rebooted into the fastboot mode.
- When the fastboot mode enables type/copy paste following command line and hit the enter key.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now you can see the installation progress.
- When it displays “finished”, reboot the tablet to the ClockworkMod recovery. You can do it by press and hold “Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power” buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- When the CWM boot up, go to “Mound and storage>Mound /System”.
- Now in the Windows command prompt window type following command line to make this recovery permanent.
mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
- Now you can disconnect Nexus7 from the PC.
- Now you can boot the tablet normally by selecting CWM recovery select “Reboot system now” option.
- To boot into recovery, power off the tablet. Press and hold the “Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power” buttons at the same time for a few seconds. When the ClockworkMod recovery boot, release the pressed keys.
- In order to use this recovery, you have to root your device, you can follow this nexus7 root guide.
- Install Android 4.0.4 ICS CyanogenMod 9.1 Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- How to unlock Sony Xperia S LT26i bootloader easily.
- Root Motorola RAZR i ICS 4.0.4 one click with Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Remove Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 bloatware easily.
- How to unlock Motorola phone, tablet bootloader [any Android].