Flashtool can install Windows, Mac and Linux computers, but i have only a Windows PC, so that I only tested it on that PC. After the downgrade you will lose all the ICS applications and your internal memory files and data. So make sure that you have a latest backup.
Installing firmware with flashtool may void the warranty. I have no clear idea about this situation. If you need to remain your warranty, it better submit your Xperia S to the service center for install gingerbread.
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Backup and sync internal memory.
How to downgrade Sony Xperia S LT26i to Android 2.3 Gingerbread 6.0.A.3.75 or 6.0.A.3.73 firmware.
- Install flashtool in your computer.
- Go to flashtool installed directory “drivers” folder (C:\Flashtool\drivers) and run the “Flashtool-drivers.exe” file and install Xperia S drivers, flashmode and fastboot drivers.
- If the downloaded firmware file is a compressed one, extract it until you receive “.ftf” file.
- Copy that file to the flashtool installed directory firmware folder (C:\Flashtool\firmwares).
- Run the flashtool as an administrator.
- Power off the Sony Xperia S.
- Click its “Thunder” icon, like following screenshot.
- In the mode selector tick “flashmode”.
- Now in the “Firmware selection” window choose the correct firmware file.
- Don’t change the right side options, leave them as it is.
- To install the android 2.3 gingerbread firmware click “OK” button.
- Now press and hold the “Volume Down” key and same time connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Most of the time, now you can see a popup window promote “Disconnect phone from the PC and press and hold back key,….“. Ignore that message and wist for a few seconds.
- Now you can see the installation progress at the bottom of the flashtool main menu.
- When it displays “Finished” disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- First boot takes few minutes, its normal.