The Google play store now updated to v3.8.17. Few days ago it updated to v3.8.15 and v3.8.16 respectively with major changes (Gift card). Today when I try to download a new app my Play store app suddenly close, then I check if it again updated. Because of i face similar experience earlier. Yes, now it’s updated to the v3.8.17. However there’s no change log. Probably it may be a bug fixes for minor changes.
Most of the time, your device Google play store app automatically updates to the latest version within the next few hours or you may already have the latest version. If you’re in a stock or custom ROM, your app should update.
If you can’t wait or you may not receive the latest version, download following app from my personal cloud and install normally.
Installation guide for newbies.
- Open play store app and press the menu key.
- Now tap on the “Settings” and scroll down to the bottom.
- Under the “Build version” check your Play store app version.
- If you have an older application follow the next steps.
- Download apk in here.
- On your phone, go to the “Settings>Security” and tick “unknown sources”.
- If you download app to the PC, copy it into the phone’s SD card.
- Use a file browser and tap on the “play store v3.8.17.apk”.
- In the package installer window tap on the “Install” button and wait for a few seconds.
If you’re interesting to download older versions, you can get them in here.