If you already have the Google play music on your phone, you can’t install this new version. So first uninstall the existing application and follow the above method.
- Download the installer in here.
- Copy the downloaded file into your phone’s SD card or internal memory.
- Go to phone “Settings>Security” and tick “Unknown source” for install apps on the SD card.
- Use a file browser and find the “Google_Play_Music_4.3.605.392829.apk” file on your device. If you don’t have a file manager app, install from the Play store.
- Tap on that file to start the installation.
- After the installation completed, run the app.
- Now you can see permission request notification on the status bar, tap on it to access your Google account.
This app takes few seconds to index your SD card or external memory music files, after that you can play them. This new version has redesigned home screen widget and display mini player bottom of the app ( if you browse other songs).