Re-locking Sony Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, Neo, Arc, Arc s, Play, Pro Ray and Live with Walkman bootloader now more easier. There are many reasons for relock the bootloader.
Before you submit the device to the service center, you have to make it unmodified condition. Otherwise they will reject the warranty. In addition to that when you are try to update your phone you will got “You have modified Software” warning.
This post, I’m going to show you how to lock the bootloader and install the stock firmware. This method wipes all the user data, therefore before start this tutorial, backup your phone contacts, SMS, etc. Though it’s not wipe your micro SD card files and its data.
If you use the official unlock method, which I mention in here. You can follow this tutorial. If you use SETool, based bootloader unlocking method, don’t use this method.
- Applying this tutorial, at your own risk. If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This method only works with the Sony Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, Neo, Arc, Arc s, Play, Pro, Ray, Live with Walkman phones. If you have another phone don’t follow this guide.
- Charge the phone [ 60% or above].
- Install adb drivers [ Guide in here ].
- Backup and sync internal memory [ with root | without root ].
- Enable USB debugging [Settings>Developer options] or [Settings>Application>Development].
- Flashtool in here.
- Relock files in here.
- Download your device ICS firmware using theses links [Xperia Mini | Mini Pro | Active | Neo | Arc | Arc s | Play [GB] | Pro | Ray | Live with Walkman ].
How to relock Sony Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, Neo, Arc, Arc s, Play, Pro, Ray, Live With Walkman Bootloader.
- Install the flashtool in your computer.
- Extract the downloaded relock zip file.
- Copy relevant firmware and re-lock “.ftf” file into the flashtool installed directory “Firmware” folder. The default location is “C:\Flashtool\firmwares“
- Run the flashtool application.
- Disconnect phone from the PC.
- Power off your phone and wait until it vibrate.
- Now click flashtool top “Thunder” icon.
- Next “Firmware selection” windows, select the correct bootloader relock file.
- Leave left side other options as it is.
- To start the installation click “OK”. [Yes, your phone still not connected to the PC]
- Now you have to enable fastboot mode. Neo, Neo V, Arc, Arc S device users press and hold the back key and same time connect to the PC via USB cable. The other device user presses and holds the volume down key and simultaneously connect the phone to the computer. If the driver installation starts, wait until it’s complete.
- If the flashtool display “Device connected in flash mode” and top LED turn to blue, you can continue this process. If not, install the Sony PC companion and adb driver again.
- Now its start the installation wait until it’s complete.
- When the installation is completed, your phone will not boot. It’s a normal situation. Though it still in the flash mode. We can fix this issue by installing the Sony’s firmware using flashtool application using this guide.
- Congratulation you have the locked bootloader.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Backup Angry bird game progress data into SD card or dropbox Cloud without root
- Best torrent clients app for android phone, tablet
- Sync Android phone calendar, contacts With outlook, windows contacts, iCal-file
- Jelly bean Google Music 4.3.605 app install ICS ROM
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on Sony Xperia phone.