Most of the android user need to make their gingerbread / ICS android phone just like 4.1 jelly beans. Fortunately some of the lucky user can taste it. Because of some developer ported, Nexus jelly bean ROM into the various devices. If your device not available any android 4.1 ROM or you have not the rooted device, now you can make your phone looks like a jelly bean using few apps.
This method we can only modify your phone appearances, so there’s no new features available, such as smooth performance project butter features, widget drawer (if you’re on the GB ROM), etc.
This modification no need the root permission, we install jelly bean launcher, keyboard and wallpaper, that’s all. If you need to use your previous launcher, and keyboard you can revert by using phone settings. This method doesn’t change your phone notification area.
How to make gingerbread and ICS ROM as jelly bean.
- Download jelly bean launcher via web browser in here, via play store app link in here.
- Download wallpaper app via web browser in here, via play store app in here.
- Install jelly bean keyboard via web browser in here or via play store app in here.
- After application installation completed, press your phone home key.
- Now it displays your stock launcher and jelly bean launcher.
- Tick “Set as default” and tap on the new launcher.
- Now you’re on the android 4.1 launcher, tap the phone menu key and select “Launcher settings”.
- Tap “Icon Packs>Select icon pack”, now choose “Jellybeans 4.1 Icon” and tap “Apply” button.
- Navigate to the “Desktop UI” and tap “Scrolling Speed” and set it “equal or lower than 200”.
- Tap “Reboot launcher”.
- Run the Jelly bean wallpaper app and choose one of the images and tap “Set wallpaper”.
- Go to your phone settings>Language & input” and tick “Rapid keyboard“.
- Tap default and select again rapid keyboard. Now change the JB keyboard other settings as you want (configuration full guide).
- Now you have done.
The first few hours this launcher show little lag, but after that it works faster. If you experience any lag on this launcher, adjust its “Desktop UI” for maximum performances. However this application has a bigger Google search widget, if you need to use tiny box, use “ICS Google search widget” app.
How to revert to the stock or previous launcher.
- Navigate your phone settings>App.
- Now find the “Jelly bean 4.1”
- Tap its “Clear defaults”
- Now you’re on the previous launcher, it can be stock or any other.