Google Ears, sound search is an android 4.1 jelly bean pre-installed system app. Now its available for download. Using this widget, you can identify the song that you’re listening right now. This is a similar to the Shazam, SoundHound and TrackID, but this application doesn’t display recent identified track information and not sync them. So now you need not pay for such an application. To install Google ears sound search widget app no need the root permission just download and install it using a file browser, but if you wish to install transparent widget you need the rooted phone.
I’m quite not sure its work with the gingerbread, but you can try it. After you installed this application, you can’t see any app on your application launcher, you have to use widget adding process.
How to install.
- Download Google ears, sound search apk using one of the end of the post links.
- If you download it to the computer move it to the SD card.
- Now your downloaded apk on your phone’s SD card.
- Go to your phone “Settings>Security” or “Settings>Application>” and tick “Unknown sources”.
- Install a file browser if you don’t have and browse the SD card and tap on the copied apk file.
- Tap on the Google sound search apk and tap “Install”.
- Now use your phone widget adding method and add “Google sound search” to your home screen.
- To start search when you hear sound, tap on the widget “What’s this song?” and wait until it complete.
- After it search complete you can see song name and artist name, if you need to get this song you can download it on the Play Store market. (Some country not allow Play store music).
How to install transparent widget.
To install the transparent widget you need the root permission. If you’re a newbie don’t know anything rooting, use no-root apk. All the apps do the same thing.
- Download transparent widget apk and “libvorbisencoder.so” files using end of the post link.
- Install a root file browser if you don’t have.
- Now download files in your phone’s SD card.
- Copy SD card “Google Eears.apk” file to the “/system/app” directory.
- After copied apk file, tap and hold the finger on that file, in the context menu select “Permission”.
- Change the permission like following screen shot.
- Now copy your SD card “libvorbisencoder.so” file to the “/system/lib” directory.
- Change it permission like the above screen shot.
- Reboot your device.
- No-root installer in here
- Transparent widget apk in here, “libvorbisencoder.so” file in here.
- Flashable zip’s [ Normal | Transparent | Uninstaller ] in here.