Samsung Galaxy S2 CyanogenMod 10 now available. This is an Android 4.1.2 jelly bean based an unofficial firmware. This CM10 based the AOSP. It’s developed by the CyangenMod team and various developers. Unfortunately yet there’s no official Android 4.1.2 jelly bean release date for this smart phone. Without waiting you can install this jelly bean on Galaxy S2.
Before starting CyanogenMod 10 Galaxy S2 installation tutorial, you have to root your galaxy s2 and install a custom recovery. This custom ROM not available Google apps. Therefore you have to flash the Gapps zip file right after the ROM installation. Apart from that this firmware installation need to wipe user data. Make sure that you have the latest backup. Otherwise you will lose your contacts, SMS, call logs and even installed apps. This tutorial includes all of these things.
CaynogenMod 10 is a AOSP based after market firmware. This Galaxy S2 CM10 ROM doesn’t include Samsung apps and services. There is no way to install them, even if you have the Samsung apps apk files. Because these two firmwares have separate frameworks.
CM team heavily optimized this ROM for better performance and longer battery life. Moreover it has different customization options. The user can apply different themes, customize lock screen shortcuts, adjust status bar icons over lock CPU and enable ZRAM. These things can’t do with the Galaxy S2 stock firmware.
- If you’re running MMC super brick bug kernel, first flash this kernel and follow this guide.
- This Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100 phone. Don’t apply it to another device.
- Rooting, flashing custom ROM void your phone warranty. But you can regain it by flashing a stock firmware on your device.
- If your device bricked by following method or Samsung reject your warranty I can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk. If you follow these steps carefully, you should not worry.
- Backup your phone [ backup with root | backup without root ].
- Rooted phone and Clockworkmod recovery. [Guide in here]
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
- Backup EFS folder [Guide in here]
How to Install Galaxy S2 CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM – I9100.
- Copy downloaded Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 CM10, Gapps zip files to your SD Card.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot into the recovery by press and hold Volume up , Home and the Power button together for a few seconds.
- After CWM boot-up we need to backup existing ROM. To do that navigate to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Delete all the user data by selecting “data factory reset>Yes delete All”.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache> Yes delete dalvik-cache”.
- Delete the cache by navigating “Wipe cache partition>Yes delete cache”.
- Now we can install the Galaxy S2 CM10 ROM, to begin the flash, select “Install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded CM10 ROM zip file on your SD card.
- Next we need to flash gapps, select “choose from sd card” and select downloaded gapps zip file on your SD card.
- Select “Yes-Install xxxx”.
- Then choose “Reboot system now” in the recovery main menu.
First boot takes a few minutes but not more than 5 minutes. It’s a normal situation. Now you can install your favorite apps from Google play store. It’s not recommended to restore apps apk from your backup. It may cause unexpected errors such as apps force to close.