Root Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.3 update ROM. If you updated it to the latest android 4 ice cream sandwiches now its possible. This guide we use insecure kernel, that mean its a modified stock kernel. It added clockwork mod recovery and supersu, CWM manager apps.
Rooting will void your phone warranty. If your device bricked, by following this method, i can’t claim its damages. Apply this method only Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 devices.
This method will install
- Clockwork Mod recovery
- CWM manager
- Enable USB debugging ( Settings>Developer options> USB debugging)
- Fully charge your S II
- Extract the downloaded PC ODIN and install it on your computer
- Extract the downloaded kernel, now you will receive “.tar” file
- Boot into download mode, by press and hold power, volume down and home buttons together few seconds
- When it display a warning message with the yellow tangle press the “Volume up” button
- Now you can see “Downloading..” message with android logo
- Connect your Galaxy S2 into the PC
- If ODIN display “Added” under the “Message section” if not install Samsung Kies.
- On the ODIN click “PAD” and select the extracted “.tar” file
- To flash this CF kernel click “Start” button
- After flash finished, your phone will be rebooted
- Now you’re done.
After your Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100 rebooted, go to your apps drawer and check following apps available “CWM” and “SuperSU” apps. If you like to done the Chainfire, the person who developed this kernel you can do it in his blog