How to root Arc S, Neo V, Ray ICS 4.0.4 easily? Is that you search? Yes because of Xperia 2011 devices already received latest android 4.0.3 and you already upgraded. Earlier post we guide you to root Arc S, Neo V, Ray android 4 Ice cream sandwich Xperia phone. Today we are going to introduce another method how to root Arc S, Neo v, Ray ICS 4 phone easily with a windows computer. Looks like this method only work with the above mention devices.
If you test it on other Sony xperia phone, it’s not an issue. I have done, but not success.
- Fully charge your phone.
- Backup your phone ( guide in here)
- Install android adb drivers ( guide in here)
- Root toolkit in here.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty
- After following this method, your phone bricked, i can’t claim its damages.
- Extract downloaded toolkit to your desktop.
- Enable your phone USB debugging. (Settings>Developer options>USB Debugging>Yes)
- Enable Mass Storage Mode (MSC) mode (Settings>Sony Ericsson>Connectivity> USB connection mode)
- Exist Sony PC Companion application on your computer ( via notification area)
- Go to the extracted toolkit folder and double click on the “run me.bat” file.
- Press any key on your computer keyboard
- Now your phone will be reboot wait for a few minutes
- After phone fully booted press again any key on your PC keyboard
- Likewise you have to hit any key several times ( 4 times ) and your phone will be rebooted several times. Follow CMD window instructions
- After this rooting method finished, run me.bat CMD window will be automatically close.
- Now check your app launcher has superuser app, it there is your rooted. If its not available reboot your computer and follow this instructions again.
- After you rooted go to the play store and install “Busybox” ( via web browser, via play store app, scan QR code)
[via XDA forum].