CM ROM’s gives you better performance than the stock and other ROM’s. Apart from that, the user can apply different themes, customize lock screen appearance and much more. This is a AOSP based ROM, it has the same Google Nexus devices UI (user interface). After installed this ROM, you can’t install Samsung apps.
This Galaxy Note ICS installation need factory reset, therefore I highly recommended to make a full backup using a Titanium app. Apart from that, it’s better make a nAndroid backup using CWM, TWRP or any other custom recovery.
- Make sure that you’re not using leaked ICS repacked for i9220. If you are running that ROM again install stock Gingerbread by using ODIN.
- If you use the Samsung ICS LPY kernel, its better first flash gingerbread ROM and flash CM9 to avoid bard-brick your device.
- Installing this custom firmware voids the Galaxy note warranty.
- If your device Galaxy note brick by following this tutorial, I can’t get any type of risk. Applying this guide at your own risk.
- This is a after market custom ROM, after you flash CM9 Galaxy Note your flash counter increased. But using Triangle away app we can correct it.
- Installed ClockworkMod Recovery [ CWM ]
- Charge your device minimum 50%.
- Backup internal memory [Guide in here].
- Backup EFS folder [ Guide in here ].
- Use volume keys for navigation
- Use Power button for select options
How to install Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android 4.0.4 ICS CM9.1 ROM.
- Transfer downloaded GApps and CM9.1 ZIPs into your Galaxy note’s internal SD Card
- Shut down the phone
- Boot into the custom recovery mode by press and hold “Volume up”, “Home” and “Power buttons” at together.
- Using CWM perform a backup, go to “Backup and restore>Backup”. It will save SD card.
- Then we have to factory resets Galaxy Note, select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”.
- Now Wipe cache partitions, to do that navigate to the “Wipe Cache > Yes”
- On the clockwork mod go to “Install zip from SD card” and select “Choose zip from SD card”
- Choose “CM9 zip” ROM file on your SD card and confirm the installation by selecting “Yes-Install…….”
- After the installation finished go back
- Navigate to the “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card”
- Select “GApps.zip” and confirm installation by selecting “Yes install…”.
- Restart your phone by selecting “Reboot system now” on the clockwork mod main menu.
- It’s not recommended to restore apps apk files using your old backup.