- This process will be wiped data in your device phone memory, so back up and well synch all of them.This process specially erases “DRM keys”, so that apps like TrackID, video unlimited will no longer available, So backup System apps using “MyPhoneExploere“,
- After unlock bootloader, most of the users experienced issue, when they are upgrading firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Therefore you have to install new update using Sony update service, PC companion or flashtool.
If you already have a flashtool computer application, you can use it for unlocking process. Read that guide in here.Pre-requirements.
- Fully charge phone.
- Backup your device (Guide in here)
- Install android adb drivers (Guide in here) or download fastboot file in here.
- Enable USB debugging (settings>Developer option or Settings>Application>Development)
Verify Bootloader can unlock.
It’s not possible to unlock all the Sony Xperia series phones bootloader, you can check whether your device supported or not by using the service menu. To do that,
- Open the dialer and type following numbers *#*#7378423#*#*
- Now service menu will be open.
- Navigate to the following path, “Service info> Configuration > Rooting Status“.
- Under the Rooting status “Bootloader unlock allowed : Yes”, then you can continue this process. If its mention “No”, you can’t unlock.
Start unlocking process.
Generating unlock key.
- Go to “Sonymobile.com“
- To start the unlocking click “Yes I’m sure” button.
- Check both “Legal terms” check boxes, and Click “I Accept”.
- Fill your name, email address and first 14 digits of the IMEI number ( to get IMEI number dial *#06# on your phone).
- Click “Submit“.
- Now boot loader unlocking key will be display and save it in secure place on your computer. It require for farther steps (20th step).
Preparing your phone.
- Make sure that USB debugging enable on your Sony Xperia phone.
- Enable bootloader mode, to do that open the extracted fastboot folder or android SDK installed directory “platform-tools” folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and same time right click inside the folder.
- In Window context menu click “Open command window here” option.
- Type following command line to boot into the fastboot mode.
- If the top LED light display blue color, it indicate that enable bootloader mode.
- Now go into the extracted “fastboot” folder, or if you install android SDK go to the following directory “C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools“.
- Press and hold “Shift” key on your keyboard and simultaneously right click inside that folder.
- On the windows context menu click “Open Command Window here“
- Type following command in CMD.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- If you got respond, that mean your device successfully connected. For instance
finished. total time: 0.016s
- This step is unlock the boot loader. Type following command in the CMD window.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
In above command “KEY” phrase, replace the key that you received in the 7th step.
- Congratulation, you just unlock the bootloader. And now you can root your Sony phone, flash custom ROM and do many customizations.