Root or unroot Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000? Is that you need? If you followed our update guide, you already got rooted. No worry, this post I’m going to show you how to root your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 stock ICS ROM without increasing binary count. So there is no warranty issue. However this for the for the international version phone.
Samsung uses a custom binary counter for track each flashing of firmwares and kernels. If any user flash ROM and/or kernels that not authorized by Samsung, that mean custom ROM and kernels will increase the counter. After you enable download mode you can view it figures. If your binary counter trigger, your warranty will be void.
ICS Bug Warning.
Currently there is an issue on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 stock ICS ROM. So don’t use Clockwork Mod (CWM ) any backup backup, restore and wipe functions as well as don’t use eMMC drivers related functions such as transferring large files to the SD card.
Rooting void your device warranty. In-addition to that if there is anything goes wrong your device can be bricked. So apply following procedure carefully.
- Properly sync your contacts, calendars, notes.
- Fully charge your phone.
This process volume keys use for navigation and power button use for select.
- First download this root file to your desktop and extract it.
- After extract you will receive two zip files “CWM.zip” and “SU-Busybox-Installer.zip“. Move them into your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP“, “Home” and “Power” buttons until it display recovery mode screen.
- On the recovery mode go to the “apply update from external storage“.
- Select “CWM.zip” files on your SD card. Now ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery will start.
- On the CWM main menu, navigate to the “install zip from sdcard“.
- Go to the “choose zip from sdcard“.
- Now select “SU-Busybox-Installer.zip” file on your SD card.
- After installation finished, go back to the CWM main menu and reboot the system.
- Now your phone rooted.
Your Galaxy note volume keys use for navigation and power button use for select.
- Download this unroot file and extract it to the desktop.
- After extract you will receive two files “CWM.zip” and “SU-Uninstaller-signed”. Move them to your phone’s SD card.
- Shutdown your Galaxy note.
- Press and hold “Power”, “Volume up” and “Home” buttons until it display recovery mode.
- Now select “apply update from external storage”
- Select “CWM.zip” file on your SD card. Wait for a few seconds to start Clockwork mode recovery.
- On the CWM main menu select “install zip from sdcard”
- Choose “SU-Uninstaller-Signed.zip” and install it.
- Reboot your phone using CWM.
Now you unrooted your Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
[via XDA forum].