If you updated your phone to ICS 4 currently there is an issue in this German version. Therefore don’t use recovery mode any function and don’t use eMMC driver used process such as transferring files to the SD card. They can be totally bricked your phone and it can’t recover. But it only affected a few number of people. Read that announcement in the XDA developer forum in here.
This guide only for Galaxy Note GT-N7000 devices which running ICS 4.03, don’t apply this process for other devices.
This is not a too much risky, if there is anything goes wrong your device can be bricked. So carefully follow these instructions. If your device bricked, i can’t get its risk.
How to Root Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM.
This post i use “CF root kernel” and you can flash it using PC ODIN applications ( mobile version can’t because of it require root access). If you need to root without increasing flash counter read that post in here.
This process will be install,
- SuperUser app
- ClockWork Mod recovery
- ClockWork Mod manager
- Backup all your data, apps ( guide in here)
- Fully charge your Galaxy Note.
- Install require drivers, you can do it by installing Samsung Kies, download in here.
- First download PC ODIN application in here, and extract it to the desktop.
- Download “CF root kernel” in here, and extract it until you receive “CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5.tar” file.
- Double click on the “ODIN.exe” file to run.
- Shut down your Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Enable download mode by press “Volume Down”, “Power” and “Home” buttons together and hold the buttons few seconds.
- After the warring screen display hit “Volume Up” key for continue the process.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. If top “ID:COM” first section change to “Yellow” color and display “Added” under the bottom “Message” section your phone successfully detected. If you don’t not receive above responds try to reinstall Samsung Kies.
- Under the “ODIN’s Options” verify “Auto-reboot”, “F.Reset time” are tick, if not tick them.
- Under the “Files [Download]” section, click “PAD” and locate your downloaded and extracted CF root kernel’s “CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5.tar” file.
- Finally click “Start” button for flash this rooted kernel on your Galaxy Note.
- Now your phone restarts, as well as you can see “PASS” message on PC ODIN left first box. Now you can disconnect phone from the PC and use.