Installing a custom recovery void your phone’s warranty. If your device bricked by this method, i can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
Procedure One ( using terminal emulator).
- Rename downloaded ClockworkMod recovery image as “recovery”
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy that renamed recovery file the SD card.
- Disconnect phone from the computer.
- Install “Terminal Emulator” app using play store via web browser , via playstore app.
- Now run the app and type “su” (lowercase and without quotes)
- Superuser app will request root access and grant the permission
- Now type the following command in your terminal emulator app (without quotes)
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the recovery flashing process
- Now type following command in the terminal emulator, without quotes for boot into recovery mode
- Now you are done.
Procedure Two (using Fastboot )
This method we need to use android’s fastboot files. You can get that files by using two methods via android-sdk or download fastboot files using the above link.
- Extract downloaded fastboot file or go to the android-sdk folder (C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk).
- Copy downloaded recovery file into the extracted folder or android-sdk folder.
- Enable bootloader mode (shut down the phone and press and hold Volume down and Power buttons together )
- After bootloader mode enabled, select the “Fastboot” using volume key and hit the power button
- Now connect your phone to the computer via USB cable
- Navigate to the folder, that you copied CWM recovery file
- Press “Shift” key on your keyboard and right click inside the folder.
- When the windows context menu appears click “Open command window here”
- To check your Evo 4G LTE successfully connected, type “fastboot devices” on the command prompt window ( CMD ). If it displays your phone’s serial number you can go ahead.
- Now type following command on your CMD window.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now clockwork mod will be flashed on your Evo 4G LTE phone.
- After installation finished type the following command.
- Your device will be rebooted. Disconnect phone from the computer and use it.
[via XDA forum].