Now we can install Sony Xperia Sola MT27 Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. This firmware based on the Xperia P and Go latest 4.2.A.0.400 firmware. Which means this is not the Sony’s official release. It is ported by the XDA developer munjeni.
Sony mobile already confirmed that this device will not receive the next firmware upgrade. Therefore this is a big opportunity. It has all the Sony’s applications.
Before starting this installation, it’s highly recommended to install the stock firmware. This tutorial has all the necessary steps, that you should follow.
This ROM has its own kernel. Therefore you have to unlock the bootloader. Sony Xperia Sola MT 27 jelly bean update based on the custom recovery, after you installed this kernel, you will receive a CWM based recovery. If you don’t currently have either CWM or TWRP, it’s not an issue.
Like other update, this one also wipes user data. Before applying Xperia Sola jelly bean, you have to backup all the data and apps on your device. If you don’t care about them, you can simply skip that steps. In addition to that, it’s highly recommended to make a nAndroid backup. In case if you need to go back to your previous ROM, you can restore that backup using CWM or TWRP.
- Unlocking bootloader, installing modified firmware voids the warranty on your phone.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your phone brick by following this update tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This ROM and its kernel only for the Sony Xperia Soal MT27. Applying it to another device cause unexpected result.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the phone minimum 50% or higher.
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Install official ICS firmware [ Guide in here ].
How to install Sony Xperia Sola MT27 official Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware.
- Uncompress the downloaded fastboot zip file.
- Extract the downloaded ROM zip file contain “boot.img” kernel. Copy that file into the extracted fastboot folder.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Bug fix zip files into the internal or external sdcard.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Shit key and right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Next context menu click “Open command window here” option. Then you can see the command window (CMD).
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and same time connect the phone to the USB port.
- Once phone connected, release the pressed keys.
- Type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then you can see the installation progress on the CMD window just like the following screenshot.
- Disconnect phone from your computer and power ON.
- When you see the very first booting logo, continuously press and release the Volume Up key until you see the recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery, make a nAndroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Next “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – wipe data“.
- Navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now we are going to install the official JB ROM. Select “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse and select the copied ROM. If you copied the zip files into external sdcard, in here select “Choose zip from external sdcard” option.
- To start the Xperia Sola JB ROM installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- After the installation completed, you can see the “installation completed message” at the bottom of the screen.
- Then install the downloaded bug fixes zip files.
- To complete the installation select “reboot system now”.
- Congratulation, you have just updated Sony Xperia Sola to official Android 4.1.2.
[Via: XDA forum]