Now we can easily root Sony Xperia TX Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware and install CWM or TWRP. This method we install CWM/TWRP added 9.1.B.0.411 stock kernel. After that we install a SuperSu zip file. Then you will receive the root access.
Sony mobile recent releases the latest jelly bean firmware, when you are installing them, you lost the recovery and root. Now it’s time to again gain them.
In order to follow this tutorial, you have to unlock the Sony Xperia TX bootloader. Unlocking bootloader wipe all the user data on your phone memory, though it’s not wipe your micro SD card files. Therefore, make sure that you have a latest backup. In addition to that, this method we need to install ADB drivers on your computer.
After installing a CWM or TWRP on your Xperia TX LT29i, we can install custom ROM, mod zip files, factory reset, wipe cache, fix file permission. After the root, we can uninstall pre-installed applications, modify the UI as we want and much more.
- Unlocking bootloader, install custom recovery voids the warranty on your phone.
- If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Though it’s very unlikely brick your phone. But you can recover your phone using Flashtool.
- This tutorial only for the Sony Xperia TX LT29i. Applying this method to another device cause unexpected result.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- CWM added Xperia TX LT29i stock kernel in here or in here.
- TWRP added Xperia TX LT29i kernel in here or in here.
- Fastboot file in here.
- SuperSU in here.
How to install CWM or TWRP recovery Sony Xperia with the stock kernel.
During this installation, you can either select CWM or TWRP added stock kernel. There is no much different between these two versions.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file into the internal SD card.
- Uncompress the downloaded Xperia TX stock kernel. Now you receive a “.elf” file. Copy it to the fastboot files folder.
- Power OFF the phone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and at the same time, connect the Xperia TX into the PC via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and at the same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Next you can see the Windows context menu, select its “Open command window here” option by click on it, to open the command window. If you have Windows XP OS, you have to follow this tutorial to open CMD window.
- Once the command window opened, type following command line to verify your phone successfully detected as a fastboot device.
- If it successfully connected it will show “xxxxxxxxxxx fastboot devices” message just like the following screenshot.
- Make sure that fastboot files and kernel.elf are in the same folder.
- Type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
- Now you can see the installation in the CMD window. When it shows finished in total, you can disconnect the phone and power ON.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the TWRP or CWM on Sony Xperia TX.
- To boot into the recovery, first power off the phone and again power on (reboot the phone), when you see the first boot logo, continuously press and release the Volume Up key until you see the recovery.
- Once the phone booted into the recovery (CWM or TWRP), go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied SuperSU zip file. If you installed TWRP go to “install” and browse the zip file.
- To start the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- Congratulation, you have just root Xperia TX LT29.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Sony Xperia TX Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Download And Install Facebook Home App For Android.
- Google Keep Note Taking App.
- Android 4.2 Nexus4 Wallpapers Free Download.
- Install Android 4.0.4 ICS Sony Xperia Sola Paranoid Android ROM.