Now we can update Sony Xperia J st26 to the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. You don’t need to wait until you receive the official OTA notification. Using this offline method we can update it. A few months ago Sony confirmed this device will receive official jelly bean update. Now it’s become reality.
This Xperia J ST26 Android 4.1.2 installation tutorial, we use Flashtool computer application (not the Sony’s application). This tutorial can apply locked and unlocked bootloader devices. It doesn’t need the root permission. Therefore any user can easily update. This Android 4.1.2 jelly bean, Xperia J installation will not wipe the data on your phone, but it’s recommended to wipe user data.
In order to follow this tutorial, you computer already installed the ADB driver. If any other application connected or run in the background on your computer exit all of them. For an instance Sony PC companion, Update service, My Phone Explorer etc. Those applications can interrupt this firmware installation.
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ] ( this step necessary if you wipe user data).
How to install Sony Xpeira J ST26 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware.
- Install the downloaded flashtool computer application on your computer.
- Copy the downloaded ftf file into the flashtool installed folder “Firmware” sub folder.
- Go to the flashtool installed directory “Drivers” folder and double click the “Flashtool-drivers.exe” file.
- When the driver installation wizard appears, tick “flash mode”, “Xperia J” and “Fastboot” driver and install them. ( You can find more info in here)
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Run the flashtool on your computer.
- Click the flash button.
- Now you are in the “Firmware selection” windows.
- Choose the Xperia J Android 4.1.2 firmware file.
- If you don’t want to wipe data uncheck the right side “Wipe data “option. Don’t change other options. Leave them as it is.
- To start the installation click “OK” button.
- Press and hold the Xperia J “Volume Down” key and at the same time connect your phone to the PC.
- Now sometime flashtool promote to disconnect phone from the PC, press back key……….” message. Just ignore it and wait for a few seconds.
- Now you can see the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean installation on Xperia J. Once installation started, don’t disconnect or close the flashtool, it will brick your phone.
- After firmware installation completed, disconnect phone from your computer and power on.
- First boot takes a couple of minutes.
- If you face any trouble while installing firmware with flashtool, it’s better check this post.
- Install Xperia J Android 4.1.2 CM 10 custom ROM.
- Advanced Mobile Care App All In One Android Tool.
- Download Pie Launcher For Android – Like Paranoid Android Desktop Launcher.
- Freelancers New Jobs Search Free Android App Free.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Clock App For ICS, GB.