This method you can select either CWM or TWRP added Galaxy S2 I9100G Blazing kernel via ODIN or via stock recovery. In order to follow this tutorial, your device should run the latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. If you’re not, you can follow this upgrade tutorial.
This custom recovery has more features than stock Galaxy S2 recovery. After you installed the CWM recovery, you can install flashable zip files, custom ROM, fix apps permission, partition SD card, factory reset, wipes cache partition and many more things. Most of the time, people install this type of custom recovery for installing zip files and ROM.
In order to follow this tutorial, you have to use a Windows computer with the Administrator account. Because ODIN need administrator permission to run on your computer.
Installing custom recovery voids the warranty. If your device brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Although it’s very impossible to brick your phone.
How to install Galaxy S2 GT I9100G CWM recovery easily.
- Copy the downloaded recovery contain zip file into the external SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Home and Power” buttons at simultaneously.
- Once you are in the stock recovery, you have to use Volume keys for navigation and Power button for selection.
- Choose “apply update from external storage” option and browse the copied Blazing kernel zip file.
- Wait until the installation complete.
- Navigate to the stock recovery main menu.
- Once you are in the stock recovery main menu select “reboot system now”.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the TWRP or CWM on Galaxy S2 I9100G.
- Now you can boot into the recovery by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Home and Power” buttons for a few seconds.
Once you are in the recovery, if you installed non-touch version, you have to use volume keys for navigation and power buttons for selection. If you use touch enabled CWM recovery, you can use the touch screen. If you use TWRP it has touch enabled version.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Root Galaxy S 2 I9100G Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Easily.
- Install Facebook Home App For Any Android Phone, Tablet.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Galaxy S2 I9100G.
- Freelancers New Jobs Search Free Android App.
- TapaTalk HD Tablet Optimize App Now Available.