Samsung Galaxy S i900 now available Android 4.2.2 jelly bean CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM. CM is an after market firmware. This custom ROM based on the latest Android open source project firmware. Now you can follow this tutorial to learn how to update your Galaxy S.
This custom ROM bring you the latest Android 4.2.2 features such as photosphere, Google now etc. Though it’s not available Google’s apps. Therefore you can’t see sync, calendar, Gtalk and even Google play apps. However, we can install Gapps zip file in this post to install all of the Google’s services. Then you can use all of those services without any issue. This custom ROM not include Samsung applications and it gives pure android user experience.
Like other after market firmware installation, this Android 4.2.2 cyanogenMod 10.1 Galaxy S I9000 tutorial based on the custom recovery. First you need to root and then install clockworkmod or TWRP recovey. This installation wipe all the user data on your phone. Before follow the CM 10.1 ROM installation, first backup user data, APN and other useful data. You can follow this tutorial backup tutorial.
- Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your Galaxy S brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this CM 10.1 Samsung Galaxy S I9000 installation tutorial, at your own risk.
- This tutorial contain CM 10.1 ROM only for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000, applying it to another device cause unexpected errors.
- Backup user data [ Guide in here ].
- Backup EFS folder [ Guide in here ].
- Root and install CWM or TWRP [ JB root in here] [ ICS root in here ].
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
- Android 4.2.2 jelly bean CM 10.1 ROM in here. (search latest cm-10.1 contain name and download that zip file)
- Google apps in here.
How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Samsung Galaxy S i9000 CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into the Galaxy S internal SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Home and Power” buttons at simultaneously.
- Once your phone booted into the recovery, it’s highly recommended to make a complete ROM backup using nAndroid backup. Navigate to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your current ROM and its data will save on your SD card.
- Next go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- Navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now it’s time to install the CyanogenMod 10 ROM. Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM zip file. To start the installation select “Yes – Install.
- Then you’re again in the “Apply update form sdcard” menu, again select “Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Gapps zip file that you copied to your micro SD card.
- Now we can reboot the phone. Go to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”. First boot take several minutes. It’s a normal situation.
- Congratulation, you have just installed Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S with CM 10.1 ROM.
In case if you need to go back to your previous firmware, you can restore the above method backup file using your custom recovery. Periodically Cyanogen team release new updated version. You can check for update using your phone. Go to “Settings>About phone>CyanogenMod update”. If you receive new version notification, you can download that zip file to your phone. If you don’t like to waste your mobile plan bandwidth, you can download ROM zip file to PC and install it just like the above. But keep remember, when you’re updating the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM, you don’t need to wipe user data, but you should install Gapps zip file.
- Download Google Application Gapps.zip For Android Custom ROM.
- Download Android 4.2 Nexus4 Wallpapers Free.
- Completely Automate Android Phone With Tasker App.
- Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Backup Android Phone SMS, Call Logs To Gmail Free.