Sony Xperia U can update to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean. This installation we use stock 6.2.A.0.400 firmware . It needs an unlocked bootloader. Because this is not an official firmware. It originally released for Xperia P. Just a little tweak we can apply it to Xperia U ST25 (don’t install Xperia P ftf file using flashtool).
Sony mobile confirms that Xperia U ST25 will not receive jelly bean update. Therefore this is a big opportunity. This update has all the Sony’s new applications and feature. In addition to that it has all the exciting jelly bean features.
This method first we install the kernel, after that you receive the CWM recovery. After that we install the firmware zip file. This Xperia U Android 4.1.2 installation wipe all the user data on your phone. Which means it wipe your user apps with data, SMS, call logs, etc. However it’s not delete anything on your SD card memory. Before starting this tutorial, I highly recommend to backup all the data. This post includes all the necessary steps.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your Xperia U brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying it at your own risk.
- This is not a risky method, though if anything goes wrong, your phone can be brick. You can fix it by installing ICS firmware using this tutorial.
- This ROM zip file and kernel only for the Sony Xperia U ST25, applying it to another device may cause unexpected result.
- Backup all the user data [ with root | without root ].
- Unlock the bootlaoder [ Guide in here ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Sony Xperia U jelly bean zip file in here or in here.
- Fix zip file in here.
- Fastboot zip file in here.
How to install Android 4.1.2 jelly bean Sony Xperia U ST25.
- Uncompress the downloaded fastboot zip file.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” file and save it with fastboot files.
- Copy the ROM and fix zip files into the internal memory.
- Power OFF the Xperia U and wait for a few seconds to complete the shutdown.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and simultaneously connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Now your phone in the fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Now you can see the Windows context menu.
- Click its “Open command Window here” option.
- Then you can see CMD window.
- Type following command line to verify your Xperia U connected as a fastboot device.
- If it shows “xxxx xxxx fastboot device” message just like the following screenshot, you can continue. If not, you have to re-install the ADB driver and disconnect phone from the PC and reconnect.
- Next type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it shows “finished in” message like following screenshot, you can disconnect phone from the PC.
- Now power On the Xperia U.
- When you see the fist boot logo, continuously press and release the Volume Up key to boot into the recovery.
- Once you have booted into the clockworkMod, first make a complete nAndroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>Backup”. It will save all the data and apps on your micro-SD card.
- Next go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then navigate to “wipe data/factory reset> Yes – Wipe data“.
- After that “Advanced>wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now it’s time to install the stock jelly bean ROM.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM zip file.
- Once you have selected it, then choose “Yes – Install”.
- Now Xperia U Android 4.1.2 firmware installation start.
- Once it’s completed, go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot”.
[Via: XDA forum].
- Install Sony Xperia U Android 4.0.4 PAC Man ROM.
- Improve Sony Xperia U, P, Sola Battery Life By Disable 2nd Core.
- How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Galaxy S 2.
- Keep Screen ON While Watching/Reading.
- Download And Install Facebook Home App.