Sony Xperia Sola user now can install the Android 4.0.4 latest Paranoid Android custom ROM. This is a hybrid ROM, it need an unlocked bootloader. This ROM gives manly three different user interface, phablet, tablet, and stock.
This AOSP ROM has CWM added its own kernel. After you installed it you will receive the ClockworkMod recovery. Therefore, in order to follow this tutorial, you don’t need to install a CWM or TWRP.
Unlocking bootloader and installing a custom ROM wipe all the user data on your Xperia Sola. Therefore before start the installation, backup all the data on your phone memory. In addition to that, it doesn’t have Google applications. You can install all of them using Gapps zip file in this post.
Paranoid Android ROM gives true Android experience on Xperia Sola, with deep customization. The user can apply different layout, DPI for selected apps. It based on the CyaongenMod 9.1 ROM.
- Installing custom ROM voids the warranty. If your Sony Xperia Sola brick by following this Paranoid installation tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This tutorial ROM zip file only for the Sony Xperia Sola. Installing it another device cause unexpected result.
- Backup user data [ With root | Without root ].
- Install ADB driver [ Gude in here ].
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Root phone [ Guide in here ].
- Install CWM recovery [ touch version ].
How to install Android 4.0.4 ICS Paranoid Android custom ROM.
- Uncompress the downloaded fastboot zip file.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” file and save it with the fastboot files.
- Transfer PA ROM and Gapps into the Xperia Sola internal memory card.
- Power off the phone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and same time connect it to the PC.
- Once you connected the phone, release the pressed Volume Up key.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Next you can see a context menu.
- Click its “Open command Window here” option.
- Now the CMD window will open.
- Type following command line and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When you can see the following screenshot type message, disconnect phone from the PC.
- Now you have installed the CWM added kernel.
- Power ON the phone.
- When you see the first boot animation, continuously press and release the Volume Up key several times.
- Once you have booted into the recovery mode, make a complete backup.
- Go to “backup and restore>backup”. This step will save your current ROM and its data.
- Next navigate to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data“.
- Then “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – wipe cache”.
- Now you are almost done. Next we are going to install the ROM zip file and Gapps.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Paranoid ROM zip file.
- Once you select, next you can see “Yes – Install”.
- After the installation completed, again select “Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Gapps zip file and install it.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the Android 4.0.4 ICS Paranoid Android ROM on Xperia Sola.
- You can configure PA ROM settings using this simple tutorial.
When you are updating this ROM, you don’t need to wipe data. But you have to install the previously used Gapps zip file. This ROM developed by the XDA developer soulhackereborn.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Download And Install Facebook Home App.
- Advanced Mobile Care App For Android.
- Download Android 4.2 Nexus4 Wallpapers.
- Root And Install CWM Recovery Sony Xperia ZL.
- Install Sony Xperia Sola Android 4.0.4 CyanogenMod 9.1 ICS ROM.