Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9100 user now can upgrade to the Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware by installing Jelly Beer ROM. It’s an after market firmware and it’s based on the CyanogenMod 10.1. Still there’s no word about Galaxy S2 official Android 4.2.2 update. So this is a good opportunity to test this new android version.
This ROM based on the AOSP, so it gives pure android experience. But like other AOSP ROM, it doesn’t include Google’s applications and service. Don’t worry, you can use Google’s service by installing Gapps zip file. You have to install it right after the ROM installed. Jelly beer is a hybrid ROM, it has three user interfaces (UI) modes.
Before installing this custom ROM on your Galaxy S2, you need to wipe the user data. Before follow this tutorial, make sure that you have a latest backup. This installation we make a nAdroid backup, it saves your existing ROM into your SD card. When I’m wringing this post (03/12/2013), Jelly Beer under the development stage, which mean there are bugs. This custom ROM developed the SGS2 XDA developer Black_Prince.
- Based on CM-10.1.
- Paranoid Android hybrid engine .
- Available in three different UI modes.
- Change the system DPI.
- User can easily add apps to different DPI groups.
- Adjust the navigation bar height.
Installing custom ROM wipe user data. If your Samsung Galaxy S2 brick or malfunction by following this tutorial, I can’t take its responsibility. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here).
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Root and install CWM [ JB root in here] [ ICS root in here ].
How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Samsung Galaxy S2 using Jelly Beer custom ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into the SD card.
- Power off the Galaxy S2 and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time. Keep holding these buttons until you see the recovery mode.
- After you are in the recovery, go to “backup and restore>Backup”. Now your existing ROM will save on your SD card.
- Next go to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data”.
- Then delete the cache, go to “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “Advanced>Wipe Dalvik-cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Go to “Install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the Jelly beer ROM. If you are on the TWRP, now you can select a 2nd zip file. If you have TWRP, now select Gapps zip file. CWM user can’t do it.
- To start the install select “Yes – Install”. Jelly beer ROM installation takes several minutes.
- After the ROM zip file installed, you are again in the “Choose zip from sdcard” menu, again select that option.
- Now browse and install “Gapps zip file”.
- After it installed, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- First boot takes several minutes. Once the phone booted up, log-in to the Google account and download new apps.
- It’s better every week check for a new update. You can find the new version of the Jelly Beer on the development page. When you are updating, you don’t need to wipe user data. But you have to install Gapps zip file.
- Install Galaxy S 2 I9100 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean PAC Man Custom ROM.
- Install AT&T Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean HellFire ROM.
- How To Root Sony Xperia Z Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
- Download And Install CM10 SMS Modified App [ Custom Backgroud, Fonts, Widget ].
- SuperUser App From ClockworkMod | Best Root Right Manager Free App Download.