There’s no native firewall app for Android. As a result of that any app, that has the permission to access to the Internet can thief data (suspicious). Fortunately Google play rich of free and paid apps. Now we can use free Android firewall apps to block selected apps internet connectivity.
Earlier post I introduced DroidWall and Avast mobile security apps. Both of these free apps capable of blocking selected application WiFi and/or data connection. This post I’m going to introduce another three new Android firewall apps.
These applications modify your phone’s iptables file. Therefore all of these Android firewall applications need the root permission. If your Android device still not rooted, you can use Unlock Root tutorial or you can follow our device specific tutorials.
This is one of the best and the free firewall app for Android. This app UI (user interface) identical to the DroidWall app, but this one has more features and work with newer version of Android. User can select one app or multiple apps to to block list. In addition to that user can block apps accessing IPv6, VPN and Roaming connections. We can’t see that feature in any other applications. There are two types of apps Free and paid. If you like to support developer, you can go for the premium version. Android Firewall app premium version price lower than other apps, but this app rich in features. When I’m testing this app free version its not support ads.
- Block selected user and system apps internet access.
- Easily enable and disable firewall rules.
- Add profile management.
- Import and export rules.
- Support block IPv6, VPN and Roaming connections.
- Support Tasker automate app.
- Set password protection against unauthorized access.
- Set custom script.
- Support widget.
[google_app_box title=”Android Firewall” url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jtschohl.androidfirewall” ]
This is another good and reliable firewall app for Android phone and tablet. But this app doesn’t rich in features like Android Firewall app. But it’s capable of blocking applications internet access. User can specify which connection should use and which connection not. There is a two apps, free version support ads. If you don’t like to see ads on your mobile, then you can go for the pro version. This app premium version price is higher than the Android Firewall app.
- Block user and system apps internet connectivity.
- Easily enable and disable firewall.
- Support widget.
[google_app_box title=”Root Firewall” url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.firewall&hl=en” ]
AFWall+ (Android Firewall).
This is another firewall application for Android. This app has the ability to block data, WiFi connection. Moreover it can block VPN connection. This app also supports Tasker plug-in. AFWall app main UI also similar to the DroidWall. You can select White list or Black list mode. Easily backup saved rules to external memory. There are two different versions, free and paid. If you like to support developer you can purchase the pro version just a little $$$. When I’m testing free version not support ads.
- Easily block any app internet connection.
- Support Data, WiFi and VPN connections.
- Enable Roaming control.
- Backup firewall rules to SD card.
- Support Tasker app.
- Available Multiple profiles.
[google_app_box title=”AFWall+ (Android Firewall)” url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.ukanth.ufirewall&” ]
- Best 3 Alternative RSS Reader Apps For Google Reader Android App.
- Simple Free Note Taking App For Android – Notz.
- Best Paid Windows Computer Remote Control App For Android.
- Free Floating, Popup Media Player For Android Phones, Tablets.
- Top 10 Antivirus Security Apps For Android Phone And Tablets.