How to install Android 4.1.2 jelly bean cyanogenMod10 custom ROM on Sony Xperia Tipo LT21? Is that the thing you search. Now you can easily update your phone to the latest android jelly bean firmware. This installation first we flash the CWM installed kernel and then install the ROM zip file, after that we have to install the Google apps (Gapps) zip file.
CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for various android devices. It comes without the Google applications, so that you can’t use Sync, that’s why is mention you have to install the Gapps zip file.
CM10 ROM has its own kernel, so you have to unlock the bootloader. You can follow my this Sony Xperia bootloader unlocking tutorial.
Installing custom firmware, voids the warranty. This custom ROM only for the Sony Xperia Tipo LT21, apply it to another device may brick your phone. If you phone brick or damage by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages, Apply this tutorial, at your own risk. If your Xperia Tipo brick, you can fix it by installing stock firmware using this tutorial.
- Backup and sync internal memory, this installation wipe all the user data. (how to backup android phone)
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Unlock the bootloader. (Guide in here)
- Latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM 10 custom ROM in here. (Download page contains lots of zip files, your device zip file named with its code name, so search tapioca name and download it). I recommend to use jDownloader, for easily download files. Once you have installed it, go to link grabber option and paste the download page link)
- Google apps in here.
- Fastboot zip file in here.
How to install Sony Xperia Tipo Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CaynogenMod10 Custom ROM.
This ROM contains kernel has ClockworkMod recovery, it’s not a touch enabled version, so you have to use the Volume keys for navigation and power button for selection.
- First copy downloaded ROM and Gapps zip files into your SD card.
- Extract the downloaded ROM zip file contain “boot.img” file.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and power off, wait until phone vibrate.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Copy the “boot.img” file into the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Volume up key and at the same time connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Next you can see the context menu, click its “Open command window here” option. (Can’t open CMD window, try this alternative method)
- Now you can see the Windows command prompt.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When you can see the “finished in” message, in the windows command windows, disconnect Xperia Tipo from the computer and power on.
- Now you should boot into the recovery mode, to do it, when you see the first boot logo (Free Xperia Project logo), rapidly press and release the Volume down key several times.
- Once you have booted into the recover, go to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data“.
- Then go to “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache partition“.
- After that navigate to “Advance>Wipe dalvik-cache>Wipe cache“.
- Now we can install the android 4.1.2 cyanogenmod10 ROM on Xperia Tipo.
- Go to “install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd” and select the CM10 ROM zip file.
- To start the installation select “Yes- Install xxxx xxxxx xxx.zip”.
- Once it installed, again select “choose zip from sd card” and browse the Gapps zip file and install it.
- Congratulation, you have just updated Sony Xperia tipo to android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware with CyanogenMod10 custom ROM.
How to up date the ROM.
Every weekend FXP team will release the new update, you have to go to the ROM download page and manually download and install it by following above steps. When you are updating, you don’t need to “wipe data/factory reset” you can skip that step, but you have to follow all other steps. Remember to again install the Google apps zip file, otherwise you will lose all the Google account log-in details.
- Best Paid Windows Computer Remote Control App For Android.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Cheap Low Cost Android smartphone
- Manually Install Sony Xperia T LT30p Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 Easily, Unroot.