How to manually update Sony Xperia V LT25i to latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware? Is that the thing, that you need. Now you come to the right place. Using this step by step tutorial, you can offline update your Xperia V to jelly bean. You don’t need to wait until you receive the official OTA notification. This method we use flashtool computer application, it doesn’t require the root permission or unlocking bootloader. So every user can easily follow this guide.
This post contains firmware version is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 9.1.A.0.490. Its a generic Northern European (Nordic) version. According to our earlier post, Sony Xperia T, TX and V international version user will receive the new update February and March. If you have a carrier based device, you have to wait few more weeks.
This post contains ftf files are only for the Sony Xperia V, applying it to another device void the warranty. If your phone brick or damage by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. IF your phone brick, this is the only way that you can unbrick it.
- Backup internal memory [ with root | without root ]
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Sony Xperia V ST25i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware in here.
- Flashtool in here. (Use jDownloader, Link grabber for easily download file).
How to manually update Sony Xperia V LT25i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update.
- Install the downloaded flashtool application on your computer.
- Copy the downloaded ftf file into the flashtool installed destination contain “firmware” folder.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC and power off.
- Run the flashtool application.
- Click top menu bar “Thunder” icon, just like the following screenshot.
- Mode selector window make sure that “flashmode” enabled. Then click “OK” button.
- In the Firmware Selection window, choose the correct firmware by click on it.
- Don’t change the right side options.
- Click “OK” button to start the installation.
- Make sure that phone is fully power off.
- Press and hold the Volume down, key and at the same time connect your Xperia V to the computer.
- When you see the popup window and promote to disconnect the phone, just ignore it and wait for a few seconds.
- Now you can see the firmware installation progress in the flashtool main window.
- When it completed, disconnect Xperia V from the PC and power on.
- First boot takes a longer time, than usual. It’s a normal situation.
- Once the phone booted up, again log-in to the Google account and download apps from the Play store. I’m nor recommend to use restore backup apk files and data, but it’s OK restore SMS, call logs etc.
- Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Cheap Low Cost Android smartphone
- Manually Install Sony Xperia T LT30p Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 Easily, Unroot.
- Install Sony Xperia Tipo Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 Custom ROM.
- Root, Install Sony Xperia T LT30p TWRP Custom Recovery [Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean].