How to Root Motorola RAZR MAXX XT912 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware? Now you can root your XT912 with Windows, Mac and Linux computer. Sometime when you OTA or manually updating your Razr Maxx to Android 4.1.2 its root permission may lose. Now it’s not an issue.
This rooting method need to install the ADB drivers. Windows computer user can follow how to easily install adb drivers tutorial for that. This Razr maxx rooting tutorial will install SuperUser, SU binary and Busybox. Thanks to the droidrzr forum djrbliss member, we can successfully root the latest android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware.
Rooting void the warranty, if your RAZR MAXX brick or malfunction by following this tutorial, I can’t responsible its damages.
- Install adb drivers.
- Install Motorola Drivers.
How To Root Motorola RAZR MAXX XT912 Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware.
Following steps for the Windows operating system PC’s. I think Linux and Mac OS also has the similar steps.
- Download the require root zip file for your computer and extract.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (“Settings>Developer option” toggle “Developer Options” to “ON” and tick “Android debugging”).
- Connect your Maxx XT912 to the PC via USB cable.
- Make sure that there’s no computer application connected with your phone. If there’s close them.
- Make sure that you have installed the Smart Actions application and unfrozen and unmodified.
- Make sure that your phone is not in the USB mass storage mode. (Drag the Status bar to the bottom>Tap on the “Connected as a media device”>Tick “Camera (PTP)”)
- Double click on the “run.bat” file.
- Now Windows CMD window will open, press any key on your keyboard and hit the enter key.
- Then command prompt will show the rooting status just like the following screenshot.
- After first time your phone automatically reboot. Open the installed “Smart Action” application.
- Then choose “Get Started”.
- Select the “Battery Saver” option and save it.
- After that press the Home button.
- When command window promote to press any key to continue hit any key on your computer.
- Your phone will reboot 4 times, it’s normal.
- When it’s completed you can see “Exploit complete!” confirmation message. Then disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Manually Update DROID RAZR MAXX Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware Update [ How to XT912 ].
- Improve Sony Xperia U, P, Sola battery life by disable second ( 2nd ) Core.
- Manage Facebook page with Android Facebook Pages Manager App.
- Install Sony Xperia J ST26i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10 ( CM10 ) Custom ROM.
- Install Sony Xperia S LT26 Android 4.1.2 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean Custom ROM.