How to install Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and Xperia Arc S LT18i to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1)? Now you can follow this easiest how to guide for that. Sony mobile announced that 2011 series devices don’t receive jelly bean updates. So this is a good opportunity.Currently this is a developing ROM. Earlier post we guide you how to install android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM on Xperia Arc and Arc S. If you don’t satisfy this ROM, you can follow that tutorial.
CyanogenMod is an aftermarket community built distribution. It’s not includes Google apps, such as Play store, gmail, sync etc. But we can install all the Google apps using Gapps zip file (except some apps).
In order to install CM10.1 on your Sony Xperia Arc and Arc S, you have to unlock its bootloader, rooting and installing a custom recovery not an essential thing. Because of this ROM has its own rooted+CWM installed custom kernel.
Installing custom ROM void the warranty. If your phone damage or brick by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup and sync internal memory [ with root | without root ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Unlock the bootloadr [ Guide in here ]
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 ROM for Xperia Arc, Arc S in here.
- Google apps in here.
- Fastboot files in here.
How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean CyanognenMod 10 ROM Sony Xperia Arc and Xperia Arc S LT18i.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to a desktop.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contains “boot.img” and save it fastboot folder.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Gapps into the phone SD card.
- Power off the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume up key and at the same time connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Now your Xperia Arc/Arc S top LED turn to blue color.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder. Now you can see a Windows context menu. (Windows XP user follows this method)
- In that context menu click “Open command window here” option.
- Type following command line and press the enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When you can see the “finished” message, disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Power on your phone.
- When you see the first boot logo and top LED turn to blue color press and release the “Volume down” key few times.
- Now you are in the CWM based recovery.
- First make a complete nandroid backup. To do that, go to “backup and restore>backup”. When it’s completed go back to the main menu.
- Then go to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data“.
- After that “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache partition”.
- Next navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik-cache”.
- Now start the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and Google apps zip files installation.
- Navigate to “install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded ROM.
- To begin the CM10.1 ROM installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- When it’s completed again browse and select the downloaded Gapps zip file.
- To start the Gapps installation select “Yes – Install”.
- Congratulation, you just installed the Android 4.2 jelly bean on your Xperia Arc LT15i, Arc S LT18i.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Clock App for ICS, GB [ Android 2.3 and higher ].
- Schedule, customize android ringing and automate phone with RingTime App [ Free & Paid ].
- Increase Sony Xperia Arc, Arc S internal memory without losing performance [ LT15, LT18 ].
- Install AOKP Android 4.1.2 jelly bean ROM Sony Xperia Ray ST18i.
- How to install Android 4.1.2 PACman ROM Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.