Now Sony Xperia U user can install Android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich (ICS) MIUI custom ROM without unlocking bootloader. Most of the time we can see this MIUI available for the unlocked bootloader devices. Though now it’s available for the locked bootloader, don’t follow this tutorial.
In order to install MIUI ROM, you have to root your device and install a custom recovery such as CWM. You can follow this Xperia U rooting guide and CWM installation guides.This ROM developed by the XDA forum “imanesaurus” member. If you interesting his/here works, you can support by donating him/here using above profile link.
Rooting, installing custom recovery void the warranty. If your Xperia U phone brick or damage by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. But it can unbrick by installing new firmware using flashtool.
How to install Android 40.4 ICS MIUI custom ROM Sony Xperia U ST25.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps into the SD card.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and power off.
- Power on the phone, when you see the first boot-logo and LED turn to blue color continuously press and release the volume down key few seconds.
- Now you are in the recovery mode.
- First wipe data, dalvik cache and cache partitions.
- To execute the above steps go to “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data” (need if you are on another ROM or stock firmware).
- Then go to the “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache partition“.
- After that navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache“.
- Now we can install the MIUI ROM. Go to the “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded ROM zip file.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install“.
- When it’s completed again install the downloaded Gapps zip file.
- Once all the zip file installation is completed, go back to the main menu and again clean the “data/factory reset“,”Cache partition” and “dalvik-cache“.
- Now go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”. Normally the first boot takes a longer time than usual.
- Once the phone boot up, again log-in to the Google account and download all the apps that you want from the Google play store.
How to update the MIUI ROM.
After you install this ROM, developer release bug fixes and improved versions periodically. You will not receive the new update notifications via OTA (over the air), you have to check new version availability by visiting the XDA forum this ROM development thread in here.
- Google Play December discounted Android apps, games list.
- Black Friday android apps sales starts [$0.99 discount price for several apps].
- 2012 Black Friday android apps sales list [ updated list ].
- Install ClockworkMod recovery 184.108.40.206 ( CWM ) Sony Xperia T , TL.
- Root Sony Xperia Sola MT27 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware one click without unlock bootloader.