If you need to add more options to the Google Nexus 7 tablet power menu, now you can do it. This modified power menu includes “Power off”, “Reboot”, “Reboot Recovery”, “Airplane”, “Silent Mode” options. This method we flash the modified “framework-res.apk” and “android.policy.jar“.
Yes, this method we need the root permission. If you have a custom recovery such as CWM it will make this installation more easier. This modified extended power menu developed by the “scrosler“.
If you don’t have a rooted and CWM installed Nexus 7 tablet you can follow the pre-requirement section tutorials.
If the installation not success you can’t see the notification area and you will receive many errors. So make sure you have a latest nandroid backup.
- Root the Nexus7. (Guide in here).
- Install CWM recovery. (Guide in here).
- Charge the battery minimum 30%.
- Extended power menu in here.
How to install modified power menu on Nexus7.
- Copy downloaded zip file into the external memory.
- Reboot into the recovery mode.
- Go to “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded “zip file”.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install“.
- Once it’s completed, go back to the main menu.
- Select “reboot system now” option.
- Google Nexus 4 offline retailer price will higher than Play Store [rumor].
- Install Android 4.2 camera, gallery APK apps ICS and Jellybean ROM.
- How to download & install Android 4.2 keyboard ICS Android 4.0 & 4.1.
- [Easiest Way] install Android ADB drivers on Windows or Mac computer.
- Install Android 4.0.4 CyanogenMod 9.1 Samsung Galaxy S3 ( III GT-I9300 ) [ CM9.1 ICS Guide].