There’re many reasons for unlock android devices bootloader. Install a custom recovery, ROM’s and kernels are some of the useful things.
Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty. This is not a risky process, but if you have made any mistakes sometime your device may not work.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer options).
- Backup and sync (This method will factory reset your device, which means user apps, data, settings will be wiped)
- Fastboot+ADB drivers in here.
How to unlock Asus Nexus 7 Tablet Bootloader.
- Connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- Extract the downloaded driver file.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard, and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Now in the Windows context menu, click “Open command window here“.
- Type or copy/paste following command line.
- Now you can see your Nexus 7 tablet serial number.
- Next type following command line to reboot the phone to the fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device in the fastboot mode.
- Type following command line to start the unlocking process.
fastboot oem unlock
- Now you can see “Unlock Bootloader?” message on your tablet screen.
- Using the volume keys highlight “Yes”, also you can select either “No” option to stop unlocking process.
- Then using the power button select it.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Now your device will be rebooted and you can see the “Google” logo and under that, you can see an unlocked icon.
- Congratulation, now you can flash custom ROM’s, recovery and many more stuff.
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) touch recovery v 188.8.131.52 Nexus 7 [How to].
- Install Android 4.0.4 ICS CyanogenMod 9.1 Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- How to unlock Sony Xperia S LT26i bootloader easily.
- Root Motorola RAZR i ICS 4.0.4 one click with Windows, Mac, Linux.
How to unlock Motorola phone, tablet bootloader [any Android].