One click root, unroot Sony Xperia U ST25i and ST25a which running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware handsets now easily root. This method work on locked and unlocked bootloader, without any issue. However it needed a Windows or Linux computer. It based on the android adb, if your computer doesn’t have adb drivers, first you have to install it. You can follow easiest way to install android debugging bridge post for that.
This rooting method developed by the XDA forum “Bin4ry“. According to his/her own word this tool work most of the android devices which running Ice Cream Sandwich or jelly bean firmware. Moreover it works non Xperia devices.
Rooting void your Xperia U warranty. If your device bricked or damaged by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this method at your own risk.
- This method sometime wipe your backup that store on your phone. So make sure that you have well sync and backup to computer.
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Make sure that you have the adb drivers. (In Windows PC, check it device manager) (ADB installation guide).
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer option).
- Enable Unknown sources (Settings>Security).
- Rooting toolkit in here.
How to root Sony Xperia U Android 4.0.4 Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10.
- Extract downloaded compressed file to the desktop.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- If the driver installation starts, wait until it.
- Windows user double clicks on the “RunMe.bat” file.
- Linux user double clicks on the “RunMe.sh” file.
- Now Windows command prompt or Terminal window will open, like following screenshot.
- Follow its on screen instructions.
- After you make choice press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- Congratulation, now you can install clockworkmod recovery using this tutorial.
- Update Sony Xperia U ST25i & ST25a official Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware.
- One tap unlock bootloader Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with app.
- Install official CWM recovery Asus Transformer TF300T.
- Install ClockworkMod touch recovery 220.127.116.11 Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001.
- Increase Android phone battery life & performance with system tweaks.