There are many reasons for use a custom recovery, install a custom ROM, flash update using a zip file, bulk apps installation are some of the major uses.
Installing a custom recovery, rooting void your phone’s warranty. If your device malfunction or not work properly by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- Root the phone.
- Make sure that you have installed adb drivers (Guide in here).
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer options>USB debugging)
- Backup and sync your device internal memory.
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Adjust the screen timeout to 10 minutes.
How to install ClockworkMod Sony Xperia U ST25i.
- Extract downloaded compressed file to the desktop.
- Close all the applications that can make a connection with your phone. For instance PC companion, Flashtool. Make sure that those applications not running in the notification area.
- Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Double click on the extracted file “install.bat” file.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the installation.
- When the Windows CMD window display “Finished!” , press any key to continue.
- Congratulation, now you just installed the CWM recovery.
- To boot into the recovery, reboot the Xperia U.
- When you see the Sony boot-logo and LED turn to “Blue” rapidly press and release the “Volume down” key.
- Install Sony Xperia U ST25i official Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware.
- Root Sony Xperia U ST25i & ST25a Android 4.0.4 firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery (CWM) Samsung Galaxy Note2 GT-N7100.
- Root ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 & install official CWM recovery.
- Downgrade Sony Xperia S LT26i to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.