How to install latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean PACMan custom ROM on Sony Xperia Mini Pro SK17i, Xperia Mini ST15i, Xperia Active ST17i, Xperia Live With Walkman WT19i? Is that the thing that you search? Using this tutorial, you can install jelly bean PACman custom ROM and update the existing ROM to the latest version.
This is a hybrid ROM it has CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP features. Before follow this tutorial, you have to unlock the bootloader. PACman ROM comes with its own kernel [ CM10 ], it’s a pre-rooted and CWM installed kernel. Therefore, installing custom recovery and rooting optional. This ROM ported XDA forum “Allen Hu“.
- Unlocked your phone bootloader. [ Guide in here ]
- Charge the battery minimum 50% level.
- Backup all user data [ Guide in here ].
- Install the adb driver [ Guide in here ].
Currently we can see “Mini ST15i [ smultron ] and mini pro SK17i [ mango ]” PACman ROM, other device user, Active [ ST17i ] and live with Walkman [ WT19i ] user should download “Mini pro” ROM and flash the patch.
- Download ROM in here.
- Google apps in here.
- WiFi fix file in here.
- Kernel file [Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Mini, Live With Walkman]
- Patch files “WT19_patch. zip“, “ST17i_patch. zip“, “ST15i_patch. zip“.
- Fastboot files in here.
All the ROM zip files are named with its code named, use following names to select your zip file.
How to install PACman Android 4. 1. 2 jelly bean custom ROM on Sony Xperia Mini Pro, Mini, Active , Live With Walkman.
As I mentioned earlier, this ROM created for all these devices, but we can’t see WT19 and ST17i specific ROM and kernel. If you have that type of device install SK17i ROM and your device patch file. Moreover you have to download your device FXP CM10 or FXP CM10 based extend kernel [ boot. img ].
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Copy the downloaded ROM, Gapps, and WiFi fix zip files to the phone SD card.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Boot into the bootloader mode by pressing and holding “Volume up” key and simultaneously connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Now your phone’s top LED turn to “Blue”.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- In Windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Now Windows CMD window will open.
- Type or copy paste following command line to flash the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot. img
- When it displays “Finished” disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- When the top LED turn to “blue” continually press and release “Volume Down” key. Volume up, home, power buttons also work.
- Now you are in the ClockworkMod based recovery.
- Go to “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data”.
- Navigate to “Wipe cache partition> Yes – Wipe cache”.
- After that go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik cache”.
- To start the android 4. 1. 2 jelly bean PACman ROM go to “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card” and browse the ROM zip file location.
- Select “Yes – Install”. Now you can see the installation progress.
- When it completed, again select the “Gapps zip file” and install it.
- Once all the zip files installation completed, go back to the CWM recovery main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
- First boot takes a few minutes. It’s normal. Once phone boot up, again log-in to the Google account and other accounts.
- It’s a better check for a new version every week. You will not receive OTA notifications, instead of that you have to visit the development page and check for a new version. If there’s when you are installing you can skip “Wipe data/factory reset” step.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Sony Xperia Ion Android 4. 0. 4 ICS firmware updates LT28h, LT28i, LT28at.
- How to install Android 4. 1. 2 AOKP ROM Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Install Sony Xperia P L22i Android 4. 0. 4 ICS 6. 1. b. 0. 544 firmware.
- How to root Asus Google Nexus 7 tablet via CWM recovery easily.
- Install ClockworkMod [ CWM ] touch recovery Sony Xperia S LT26i.