How to install Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich [ ICS ] based AOKP custom ROM Sony Xperia U ST25i? It’s easier. Using this tutorial you can install AOKP first time or update the existing AOKP ROM on your phone. AOKP based on the AOSP, this custom ROM doesn’t include Google apps and Sony’s apps. You can install all the Google apps using flashable zip file in this post, but it’s hard to install Sony apps.
Before follow this tutorial you have to unlock the Xperia U bootloader, but rooting and installing a custom recovery not an essential. Because of we flash rooted kernel. This is not AOKP team official releases, it build by the Xperia kang project team.
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Backup and sync contacts [ With root | without root ].
How to install Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich AOKP ROM Sony Xperia U ST25i.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot files to the desktop separate folder.
- Extract the downloaded ROM zip file contain “boot.img” to the fastboot folder.
- Copy ROM and Gapps zip files to the Xperia U SD card.
- Power off the phone.
- Reboot the Xperia U to the fastboot mode by press and holding “Volume Up” key and simultaneously connect the phone to the PC.
- Now your phone LED turn to “Blue”.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Now you can see the the Windows context menu, click its “Open command window here” option.
- Type following command line in the CMD window and hit the enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it displays “finished” disconnect phone from the PC and reboot.
- Now we have to boot Xperia U into the recovery mode. To do that when you see the first boot logo and LED tun to “Blue” press and release the “Volume Up” key few times.
- After ClockworkMod recovery boot up, go to “backup and restore>Backup”. It will takes a few minutes. When it completed go back to the main menu.
- Now wipe the cache by selecting “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Next wipe the user data by using “Wipe user data/factory reset>Yes- Wipe user data”.
- After that wipe the dalvik-cache by navigating “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now we can start the AOKP ICS ROM installation. To do that go to “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card” now browse the ROM zip file location and select “Yes – Install”.
- Installation takes few minutes. When it completed again install the Google apps zip file.
- Now we can reboot the phone. To do that go back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
- Install Max’s MIUI ROM HTC One X Android 4.0.4 ICS Custom ROM.
- How To Fix Superuser Install No Root Issue.
- Root LG Optimus 3D MAX P720, MAX P725 Snd CUBE SU870 One Click.
- Cleanrom Ultra Lite Edition For Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
- Install Asus Transformer TF700 Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware.