Sony Xperia U ST25i now received official android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich (ICS) updates. Earlier post we show how to install ST25a updates on ST25i. Now you need not follow that tutorial. This guide we use flashtool computer application for install this latest update on your Xperia U. It can install Windows, Mac and Linux computer. This ICS not a generic version, its France firmware. But can enable English language.
Now you need not wait until you receive official FOTA update notifications. This method can use locked and unlocked bootloader with or without the root permission.(ST25a device screenshot)
- Installing official firmware through flashtool may void the warranty. I have no clear idea this method definitely voids or not the warranty.
- If your device damaged by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This method only for the ST25i device, not for the ST25a. If you have 25a handset use this tutorial.
- Backup your internal memory. This method will wipe all the user data on the internal memory.
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Application>Development)
- Official firmware package using one of the following links [latest version] [mirror one] or [mirror two] or [mirror two] or [mirror three] or [mirror three part 1 | mirror three part 2]
- Flashtool in here. (Use jDownlaoder for better download speed, after install that application go to link grabber and paste the download page URL).
How to update Sony Xperia U ST25i to Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware.
- Install flashtool in your computer.
- Power off the Xperia U phone.
- If the downloaded firmware package is a compressed file, extract it until you receive “.ftf” file extension.
- Copy that package into the flashtool installed directory “firmware” folder.
- Run the flashtool application as an administrator.
- Click its “thunder” icon, just like following screenshot.
- In the mode selector make sure that “Flashmode” tick, next click “OK” button.
- In the “Firmware selection” Window choose the correct firmware package.
- Don’t change right side options, leave them as it is.
- To begin the installation click “OK” button.
- Now press and hold the “Volume down” key and at the same time connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- When you see a popup Windows and mention “Disconnect phone, power off…..”, ignore that instructions and wait for a few seconds.
- Now you can see the installation progress at the bottom of the window.
- When it displays “Finished” disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- First boot few minutes, its normal.
- Now you can root your phone use this “root Xperia U ST25i“tutorial, install clockworkmod recovery using this toturial.
- Root ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 & install official CWM recovery.
- Unlock & relock Sony Xperia S LT26i bootloader [Windows, Mac, Linux ].
- Install official android 4.0.4 ICS on Sony Xperia Sola MT27i.
- Any manufacturer can release next Nexus phones [Rumor].
- Fix Google Play Store “We are Unable to verify your account at this time” issue.