How to install latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 ( S iii) GT-I9300? Yes, you come to the right place. This tutorial I’m going to describe step by step tutorial. CM 10 is an after market community build firmware.
In order to install this CM10 jelly bean custom ROM, you have to root your device and install a recovery. You can follow these tutorials for complete that requirements Rooting guide and CWM install guide. CyanogenMod ROM doesn’t include Google apps, such as sync, Gtalk, Play store app. If you need to use them you have to flash this post contain Gapps zip file right after the ROM installation.
This ROM installation wipe all the user data on your Galaxy s2, but it’s not wipe anything on your micro SD card. Before following this tutorial, backup all the data on your phone. In addition to that, it’s better follow this tutorial contain nAndroid backup. In case if you feel to go back to the previous ROM, you can restore the nAndroid backup via recovery.
- This is not a risky method. If your Samsung Galaxy S3 ( S iii ) bricked or damaged by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this guide at your own risk.
- This ROM zip file only for the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- Root the galaxy S3 [ Rooting guide ].
- Install custom recovery [ CWM install guide ].
- Backup and sync internal memory.
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Backup EFS folder [ Guide in here ]
- CyanogenMod 10 ROM zip file in here. [ Download cm-10 contain, latest date file ].
- Google apps in here.
How To Install CyanogenMod 10 [ CM10 ] Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Installing CM ROM first time and upgrading from earlier versions are same, but if you are upgrading from the old version, you should install Gapps. Because of if you aren’t installing Google apps, you will lose Google accounts log-in date.
- Copy downloaded ROM and Gapps zip files to the SD card.
- Power off the device.
- Boot into the recovery mode by press and hold “Volume up, home and power buttons” together until you see the boot-logo.
- First we have to backup current ROM. In order to do that go to “backup and restore>backup”. It will take a few minutes. When the backup completed go back to the main menu.
- Now we should clean the phone. Wipe user data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Navigate to “Wipe cache partition>Yes Wipe cache”.
- Go to “Wipe user data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe user data”.
- Finally go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now we can start the zip files installation.
- Select “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded ROM zip file.
- Then select “Yes – Install”.
- After that install the Gapps zip file.
- After all the zip files installation has completed, go back to the CWM recovery main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
- First boot takes few minutes. It’s normal, after phone fully boot up you have to again configure all the settings, Google account etc.
- Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to official Android 4.1.1 firmware.
- Install Sony Xperia P L22i Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.b.0.544 firmware.
- Install Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 SuperNexus Jelly Bean Custom ROM | I9300.
- Install ClockworkMod [ CWM ] touch recovery Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- How to unlock Motorola phone, tablet bootloader [any android].