Sony mobile has just released Android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich for the Sony Xperia Go ST27i and ST27a handsets. If you can’t wait, now you can manually update your Xperia Go to the latest firmware by using flashtool computer application. This manual method wipe your device internal memory files, so before apply this tutorial, first backup and sync them.
We already published Sony just start rolling-out ICS updates, we mention that stay with us to for manual updates. So this is it. To install android 4.0.4 ICS firmware using flashtool more easier, it doesn’t require root access or unlock the bootloader.
This update only for the Sony Xperia Go ST27i and ST27a phones. If you have any-other device doesn’t install, it will bricked your device. As far as I know installing firmware using flash tool, it’s not void the warranty, but I’m not sure it 100%. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup and sync your phone. (Your internal memory wipe)
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Application>Development).
- Charge minimum 80%.
- Flashtool in here (use JDownloader for hassle free downloads, in jDownloader go to “Link Graber” and paste the download page URL).
- Android4.0.4 ICS firmware package [part one|part two|part three] or as a torrent in here.
How to install official Android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich Sony Xperia Go ST27i.
- Install flashtool application in your computer.
- Now run the application as an administrator.
- Copy downloaded firmware ftf file into the flashtool install directory “firmware” folder. (C:\Flashtool\firmwares).
- Click on the flashtool icon bar thunder icon, like following screenshot.
- In the “Mode selector” popup window tick “flash mode” (Default its ticked).
- Then you can see the “Firmware selection” window, in that window under the “Select a firmware” section you can see the copied firmware package.
- Select it by clicking on it, now it highlighted like following screenshot.
- Don’t change the any option, leave them as it is.
- To begin the installation click “OK”.
- Power off the phone and wait for a 30 seconds.
Press and hold the “Volume Down” key and same time connect the Xperia Go to the computer via USB cable.
- Now you can see the flash progress, when it displays finished, disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- First boot takes a few minutes, its normal.
Now you can root your device using this root tutorial. That method work on all the Sony 2012 handsets.
- Root Sony Xperia Neo MT15i & Neo V MT11i 4.0.4 ICS 4.1.A.0.562 firmware.
- Root Sony Xperia Arc LT15 & Arc S LT18 ICS 4.0.4 firmware 4.1.A.0.562.
- Install Android 4.1 jelly bean CM10 Sony Xperia Arc And Arc S.
- Install ClockworkMod touch recovery 184.108.40.206 Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001.
- How to import Facebook friends profile photo to Android contacts.