This method we need Windows computer and flash “.tar” file using PC ODIN. This kernel build by the XDA forum member called “codeworkx“.
Use this method if you have ICS firmware Galaxy S2 I9100, If you have any other variant S2 device, don’t apply this method, it will brick your device.
- Fully charge the Galaxy S2.
- Power the phone off and wait for a few seconds.
- Now we need to boot into Download mode. To do that press and hold Volume Down , Home and Power together buttons few seconds.
- When you see the “Warning message” press the Volume up key to continue.
- Run the PC ODIN as an administrator.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- If ODIN message box display added and first “ID:COM” highlighted, you can start the kernel installation. If ODIN doesn’t detect your phone try to install Samsung Kies in your computer.
- Make sure “F.Reset Time” and “Auto reboot” options are ticked, leave others as it’s.
- On ODIN click “PAD” button and select the downloaded “.tar” file.
- To start the installation process, click “Start” button. When the flash completed, your phone will be rebooted.
- To boot into recovery mode Power off the phone and press and hold “Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together few seconds.
- When you’re in the recovery use your phone’s volume keys for navigation and Home button for selection, Power button to the back.
- Install android 4.1 jelly bean CyanogenMod 10 (CM 10) Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100)
- Install android 4.1 jelly bean Paranoid Android ROM Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- SkyDrive android App now available on play store
- The best anti-theft tracking app for android cerberus
- Best free and paid burst camera for android [ fast burst camera ]