Android 4.1 jelly bean Paranoid Android custom ROM now available for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. This ROM based on CyanogenMod 10 (Jelly bean). The paranoid is a true hybrid mode enable ROM. Its fit with the Galaxy note large screen.
Like other ROM, this one also not comes with Google apps such as Google now, Gmail, etc. Therefore you have to flash them separately. You can download the gaps zip file in this post. But this Galaxy Note ROM includes all the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean features. Paranoid Android needs to root and install a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
This custom ROM installation wipe all the user data. Before start Galaxy Note Andorid 4.1.2 paranoid Android ROM installation, backup all the user data.
- According to the XDA developer of this ROM imilka “Flashing Paranoid on Galaxy Note has some risk. Make sure before installing Paranoid android ROM, you’re in the CM9 or an AOSP based ROM. If you’re on the stock or stock based ICS ROM, there’s a possibility to brick your phone”. You can test if your device has that superbrick bug by using chainfire’s GotBrkcibug app in here.
- Installing custom firmware voids the Galaxy Note warranty. If your phone bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- Charge your phone minimum 50%.
- Root and install a recovery [ Guide in here ].
- Backup and sync your phone [ Guide in here ].
- Paranoid Android custom ROM in here. (Eg:- pa_n7000-1.991-20AUG2012-357189.zip)
- Bug fixes zip in here. (Eg:- pa_n7000-1.991-BUGFIX1.zip)
- Gapps in here.
Install Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Paranoid ROM.
- First copy downloaded ROM zip file, Gapps zip file and Bugfixes zip file into your phone’s internal SD card.
- Boot with recovery mode by Power off the phone and press and hold “Volume up, home and power buttons” together.
- Before installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Paranoid Android ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, we need to backup existing ROM.
- When you see the custom recovery (CWM or any recovery that you have) go to “backup and restore>backup”. Wait for a few minutes to complete the backing up process. When it’s completed go back to the main menu.
- Now we need to clean the cache partition to do that navigate to “Wipe cache partition>Yes delete all cache”.
- Delete dalvik cache by selecting “Advanced>Wipe dalvik cache>Wipe cache”.
- Now we can start the jelly bean paranoid ROM installation. Navigate to “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card”. Select the downloaded ROM in your phone’s SD card and select “Yes– Install “
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android ROM installation.
- When the installation finished again select “Choose zip from the sd card” and select the downloaded bugfixes zip file. Its installation takes few seconds. When it’s completed again install the Gapps zip file using the same method.
- After the all zip file installation completed, go back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
- First boot takes few minutes to complete.
- Every week it’s a better check for a new update. If there’s you can update your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 without wipe data/factory reset step. But keep remembering to install Gapps zip file.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
- Cyanogenmod (CM 9) For Galaxy Note.
- Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Paranoid Android Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Live With Walkman, Active.
- Root Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 Without Yellow Triangle & Flash CWM Recovery.
- Skydrive Android App Now Available In Play Store.