How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Samsung Galaxy Gio? Now you can easily install it with CM 10.1 custom ROM. Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update now rolling out most of the latest powerful device. Now Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 user can install android 4.2.2 based CyanogenMod 10 (CM10).
This is a custom ROM and its not developed by the Samsung. Samsung mobile doesn’t release an ICS update for this phone. Therefore we can’t expect this new update. This is a big opportunity to test latest Android 4.2.2 features.
CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy gio ROM developed by the MacławStudios developer team. In our earlier post we introduce their android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich based CM9 update for Galaxy ace and Gio ROM. If you need to use more stable ROM better thing is use CM9 version on here.
Right now this is a beta version, but you can test it. Before follow theses instructions I highly recommend to backup your older ROM, using clockworkmod recovery.
- Installing custom ROM void your phone warranty. Applying this method at your own risk. If your phone bricked by following this method I can’t claim its damages.
- This post contain ROM zip file only for the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660. Applying it to another device will cause unexpected result.
- Backup phone using [ Guide from here ].
- Backup the EFS folder [ Guide in here ]
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
How to install Samsung Galaxy Gio Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM.
- Copy downloaded ROM, and Gapps to your SD card.
- Power off the phone and wait till it fully dead.
- Boot Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 into recovery mode by press and hold the power and home buttons together few seconds. When you see the CWM recovery release the keys.
- First make a nAndroid ROM backup. Navigate to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset>yes- wipe all”.
- Delete cache by selecting “wipe cache partition> Yes — delete all”.
- Delete the dalvik-cache “Advanced>wipe dalvik-cache> Yes– All”.
- Now we start installing CM10.1 ROM, select “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card”. Now choose the downloaded CM10.1 ROM zip file on your phone SD card and select “Yes– Install xxxx.zip”
- When the installation complete, again select “Choose zip from the sd card” and select the downloaded gapps zip file on your SD card.
- When the installation has completed again we need to wipe the data factory reset. To do that again select “wipe data/factory reset>Yes– Delete all”.
- Now you have installed Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM Galaxy Gio. Select “reboot system now” and wait for a few minutes to complete the reboot.
- First boot take for a few seconds.
[ Via: XDA forum ]
- Install Cyanogenmod 9 (CM9) Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Live With Walkman, Active
- Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) On Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
- Cyanogenmod 10 (CM 10) Jelly Bean Now Available For Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100)
- Relock Sony Xperia Sola And Xperia P Bootloader Easily With Windows, Linux PC
- Easily Unlock Sony Xperia Any Phone Bootloader With Flashtool With Windows, Linux