How to install Samsung Galaxy Gio Android 4.2.2 jelly bean? Now you can easily install it with CM 10.1 custom ROM. Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update now rolling out most of the latest powerful device. If this is a low end device, it’s also available this after market firmware.
This is a custom ROM and its not developed by the Samsung. Therefore you can’t see the Samsung apps and customizations. Such as TouchWiz. Samsung mobile doesn’t release an ICS update for this phone. Therefore we can’t expect this new update in future. This is a big opportunity to test latest Android 4.2.2 features on your phone.
Galaxy Gio CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM developed by the MacławStudios developer team. In our earlier post we introduce their Android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich based CM9.1 update for Galaxy Ace and Gio ROM. If you need to use more stable ROM better thing is use the CM9.1 version on here. However with the time, this ROM will become a stable and powerful.
In order to install Galaxy Gio CM10.1, your device should root and install custom recovery. Cyanogen team uses the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source. Therefore it gives pure Valina Android experience. Although it has several customizations options. Such as customize lock screen shortcuts, Overclocking, install 3rd party themes.
Right now this is a beta version, but you can test it. This installation needs to perform a factory reset. Before follow theses instructions I highly recommend to backup your older ROM, using clockworkmod or TWRP recovery. Apart from that, it’s recommended to follow this post contain apps and data backup tutorial.
- Installing custom ROM void your Galaxy Gio warranty.
- Applying this method at your own risk. If your phone bricked by following this method I can’t claim its damages. If you carefully follow these steps, it will not cause any issue.
- This post contains ROM zip file only for the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660. Applying it to another device will cause unexpected result.
- Backup phone using [ Guide from here ].
- Backup the EFS folder [ Guide in here ]
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
How to install Samsung Galaxy Gio CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM.
In the clockworkmod recovery, you have to use your phone volume keys for navigation and home button for the selection. Touch screen not work.
- Copy downloaded ROM, and Gapps to your SD card.
- Power off the phone and wait till it fully dead.
- Boot Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 into recovery mode by press and hold the power and home buttons together few seconds. When you see the CWM recovery release the keys.
- First make a nAndroid ROM backup. Navigate to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Next select “wipe data/factory reset>yes- wipe all”.
- Delete cache by selecting “wipe cache partition> Yes — delete all”.
- Delete the dalvik-cache “Advanced>wipe dalvik-cache> Yes– All”.
- Now we start installing CM10.1 ROM, select “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card”. Now choose the downloaded CM10.1 ROM zip file on your phone SD card and select “Yes– Install xxxx.zip”
- When the installation complete, again select “Choose zip from the sd card” and select the downloaded gapps zip file on your SD card.
- When the installation has completed again we need to wipe the data factory reset. To do that again select “wipe data/factory reset>Yes– Delete all”.
Now you have installed Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM Galaxy Gio. Select “reboot system now” and wait for a few minutes to complete the reboot. First boot take for a few seconds. Once the phone booted up, you can log-in to the Google account.