Install ClockworkMod ( CWM ) recovery on Xperia S or Acro HD now more easier. CWM is one of the popular and powerful custom recovery for most of the android devices. Using this recovery, we can complete backup phone, flash custom ROM, themes, ,factory reset, and much more things.
- Ice cream sandwich ROM with stock kernel running phone.
- Enable USB debugging. (Settings>Developer options)
- Enable unknown source (Settings>security)
- Install adb drivers (Guide in here)
- Backup your internal memory apps and files (Guide in here). ( This installation not wipe your data, but if installation not success and your phone not boot, we have to flash new ROM using flashtool)
Installing custom recovery voids your phone warranty. If your phone bricked by following this method, i can’ get its risk.
Clockwork Mod installation on Xperia S and Acro HD.
- Uncompress, downloaded zip file.
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Go to the unzip folder and press and hold “Shift” key on your keyboard and same time right click inside the folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here”
- In the Windows command prompt window type “install” without quotes marks.
- Wait until installation complete.
- After it completed, disconnect the phone from the computer and power on.
- To boot into recovery mode restart the phone and when you see the “Sony” boot logo,tap on your phone the screen several times.
Congratulation! Now you just finished the Xperia S ClockworkMod installation. This method work stock and custom ROM which running on the stock kernel. If the installation not success, restart the phone and close all the adb use programs on your computer such as flashtool.