Android 4.1.2 based cyanogenmod 10 ( CM10) custom ROM now available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 phone. Now it’s time to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to latest Android 4.1.2 via CM10 ROM. Unfortunately there’s no official announcement from Samsung mobile for the official android 4.1 jelly bean update for Galaxy S2, so this is a good opportunity.
Before starting Galaxy S2 CM10 installation tutorial, you have to root your galaxy s2 and install a custom recovery. This custom ROM not available Google apps, so that you have to flash them separately after the ROM installation completed. This tutorial includes all of these things. CaynogenMod 10 is a AOSP based after market firmware. This ROM doesn’t include Samsung apps and services.
- If you’re running MMC super brick bug kernel, first flash this kernel and follow this guide.
- This ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100 phone. Don’t apply it for another device. Rooting, flashing custom ROM void your phone warranty. But you can regain it by flashing a stock firmware on your device. If your device bricked by following method or Samsung reject your warranty I can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup your phone [ backup with root | backup without root ].
- Rooted phone and Clockworkmod recovery. [Guide in here]
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
- Backup EFS folder [Guide in here]
How to Install Galaxy S2 I9100 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 ROM.
- Make sure that your galaxy S2 I9100 running CyanogenMod 9 or any AOSP ROM. If your on the stock or stock based ROM first flash CM9 or AOSP ROM for prevent brick.
- Copy downloaded CM10, Gapps and modems zips files to your SD Card.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot into the recovery by press and hold Volume up , Home and the Power button together for a few seconds.
- After CWM boot-up we need to backup existing ROM. To do that navigate to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Delete all the user data by selecting “data factory reset>Yes delete All”.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache> Yes delete dalvik-cache”.
- Delete the cache by navigating “Wipe cache partition>Yes delete cache”.
- Now we can install the ROM, to begin the flash, select “Install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded CM10 ROM zip file on your SD card.
- Next we need to flash gapps, select “choose from sd card” and select downloaded gapps zip file on your SD card.
- Finally flash modems zip using the same method which you use flash Gapps.
- Select “Yes-Install xxxx”.
- Select “Reboot system now”.
- First boot takes a few minutes (less than 20 minutes) to complete give time to it.
- Now you can install your favorite apps from Google play store.
- It’s not recommended to restore apps apk from your backup.
- Root Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100 ICS And Flash Clockworkmod Recovery.
- Create CWM Flashable App Zip File.
- Root, Unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 (S II) I9100 Without Computer And Flashing Insecure Kernel.
- Make Gingerbread And ICS Android Phone Like Jelly Bean Without Install ROM.
- Sync Android Phone Calendar, Contacts With Outlook, Windows Contacts, Ical-File.